Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Disney buys Pixar for $7B

Disney buys Pixar for $7B

Goro

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/mai...ixcitytop.html

pending approval still, but looks just about a done deal and Jobs is
gonna pocket about $3.5B out of it.

-goro-

M.B.

Goro wrote:
> http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/mai...ixcitytop.html
>
> pending approval still, but looks just about a done deal and Jobs is
> gonna pocket about $3.5B out of it.
>
> -goro-

So does this mean we will get an Incredibles sequel???

Aaron J. Bossig

"M.B." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Goro wrote:
>> http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/mai...006/01/22/cnpi
>> xar22.xml&menuId=242&sSheet=/money/2006/01/22/ixcitytop.html
>>
>> pending approval still, but looks just about a done deal and Jobs is
>> gonna pocket about $3.5B out of it.
>>
>> -goro-
>>

> So does this mean we will get an Incredibles sequel???

Yes, a straight-to-DVD clip called "Incredibles II: Mr. Incredible's
Family Album". It'll actually be three episodes of the cheaply-animated
Saturday morning cartoon pasted together, with CGI for filler material.

--

Aaron J. Bossig

http://www.GodsLabRat.com
http://www.dvdverdict.com

Rich

On 22 Jan 2006 17:12:05 -0800, "Goro" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/mai...ixcitytop.html
>
>pending approval still, but looks just about a done deal and Jobs is
>gonna pocket about $3.5B out of it.
>
>-goro-

How to kill the competition in one easy step.
-Rich

Bruce Hoult

In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
"Goro" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/mai...2/cnpixar22.xm
> l&menuId=242&sSheet=/money/2006/01/22/ixcitytop.html
>
> pending approval still, but looks just about a done deal and Jobs is
> gonna pocket about $3.5B out of it.

What you of course mean is that he'll have $3.5B of Disney stock instead
of the $3.5B of Pixar stock he already has.

It doesn't quite sound right to me. I suspect that at least one of the
following must be true:

- the price is significantly more than $7B

- Jobs is looking to cash out and thinks 15% of Disney will be easier to
unload than 51% of Pixar

- Jobs believes he can gain effective control of Disney

--
Bruce | 41.1670S | \ spoken | -+-

unclejr

Bruce Hoult wrote:
> - Jobs believes he can gain effective control of Disney

Bingo. Disney is just going to be the next feather in his cap. It's
all about ego, babee...

-Junior

Justin

Bruce Hoult wrote on [Mon, 23 Jan 2006 17:54:09 +1300]:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
> "Goro" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/mai...2/cnpixar22.xm
>> l&menuId=242&sSheet=/money/2006/01/22/ixcitytop.html
>>
>> pending approval still, but looks just about a done deal and Jobs is
>> gonna pocket about $3.5B out of it.

> What you of course mean is that he'll have $3.5B of Disney stock instead
> of the $3.5B of Pixar stock he already has.
>
> It doesn't quite sound right to me. I suspect that at least one of the
> following must be true:
>
> - the price is significantly more than $7B
>
> - Jobs is looking to cash out and thinks 15% of Disney will be easier to
> unload than 51% of Pixar
>
> - Jobs believes he can gain effective control of Disney

He believes he can convince them to sell content on iTunes.

M.B.

Justin wrote:

> He believes he can convince them to sell content on iTunes.

Uhhh, they're already selling content on iTunes.

Justin

M.B. wrote on [Mon, 23 Jan 2006 07:37:29 -0800]:
> Justin wrote:
>

>> He believes he can convince them to sell content on iTunes.

> Uhhh, they're already selling content on iTunes.

I should have said "more content" as in "all they have license to".
Video, music, etc.

Derek Janssen

Justin wrote:

> M.B. wrote on [Mon, 23 Jan 2006 07:37:29 -0800]:
>
>>Justin wrote:
>>

>>>He believes he can convince them to sell content on iTunes.

>>Uhhh, they're already selling content on iTunes.

> I should have said "more content" as in "all they have license to".
> Video, music, etc.

Again...

In fact, Disney was the only one who *DID* spring their entire catalog
for Steve's Folly from the beginning, to sweeten the negotiations--
Persuading Universal to join the "next media trend" took a LOT longer,
and a lot more clueless techno-honeymoon articles in the mainstream
press, and nobody else's *still* shown up yet...Warner's holding out
till the bitter end.

Derek Janssen (relax, this's gonna take a while)

DVD Verdict reviews: KISS OF DEATH (1947), DISNEY SING ALONG SONGS: DISNEYLAND FUN AND BEACH PARTY AT WALT DISNEY WORLD, and more! DVD Verdict DVD Video 1 02-16-2006 03:35 PM
VNU buys theINQUIRER Silverstrand Front Page News 0 01-28-2006 02:22 AM
Cisco buys SIP pioneer Dynamicsoft John Doe Cisco 0 09-17-2004 07:40 AM
Disney buys the Muppets Nick DVD Video 7 02-19-2004 06:19 PM
Pixar to move to the G5 and OSX ? Who is this NZ Computing 15 08-07-2003 07:12 AM

Advertisments