Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Come Drink With Me

Come Drink With Me

alfonso_rabbit

I was aware of two official versions of the restored and remastered dvd,
one from Taiwan and the other from Hong Kong. There is a now a version
from Thailand which some retailers are selling, which appears to be
official, and has the SB (Shaw Brothers) and Celestial Pictures logos on
the case, like the others. It has the apparent difference of containing
a Thai soundtrack in addition to the Chinese and Thai subtitles in
addition to the Chinese and English. However, the back of the box does
not indicate the special features (commentary, trailers, interviews,
stills, etc.) that are indicated on the back of the Hong Hong case. Does
anyone know if, other than the addition of Thai language, whether or not
this is identical to the other versions in terms of picture and sound
quality, as well as special features? Thanks.

ar

alfonso_rabbit

I've partly answered my own question. I found an article from 2002 which
states:

"Celestial [Pictures] boss William Pfeiffer and Gordon Cheung, executive
vice president of distribution, has signed multi-year home entertainment
licences with Deltamac for Taiwan, United Home Entertainment for
Thailand, Videovan Entertainment industry for Singapore and Malaysia and
Cipta Mitra Video Nusa for Indonesia."

My copy is distributed by United Home Entertainment in Thailand and
"should" be identical to the other versions. Can anyone confirm that
this version does indeed contain the special features even though
they're not listed on the case? Otherwise I'll get the more expenseive
Hong Kong or Taiwan version. Thanks.

ar

OT C's drink of choice Consultant MCSE 9 03-01-2006 06:20 PM
OT: A wonderful drink for the holidays =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?= MCSE 3 12-31-2003 01:34 PM
Don't invest... drink! TRADESMAN Computer Support 8 12-17-2003 02:21 AM
Come One, Come All Jess Guim Digital Photography 0 12-02-2003 04:43 PM
OT: How about a drink before that exam? jfigueredo MCSE 2 10-13-2003 10:13 PM

Advertisments