Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > How much Visual Studio .NET in exam

How much Visual Studio .NET in exam

AIK

I am wondering to what extent does the exam rely upon using Visual Studio
..NET IDE (for the web/windows application exams) as opposed to writing code
manually?

Asad

Lorne Smith

If you learn the material instead of studying braindumps and memorising
answers (and I'm NOT saying you are), then it will hardly matter if you need
to choose multiple choice or actually write code now, will it? If you know
the material, then you know the material...

"AIK" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsD9xb.55331$(E-Mail Removed). cable.rogers.com...
> I am wondering to what extent does the exam rely upon using Visual Studio
> .NET IDE (for the web/windows application exams) as opposed to writing

code
> manually?
>
> Asad

AIK

That was not my question. Let me rephrase: Am I tested on accomplishing a
task using Visual Studio IDE, or rather on accomplishing tasks by writing
manual code!

You do realize that anything I can do with the Visual Studio IDE can be done
without it by simply writing the code in notepad right? So that's what I'm
asking. Do I need to remember the coding details or am I given a fully
functional Visual Studio IDE in the exam to work in.

Asad

"Lorne Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> If you learn the material instead of studying braindumps and memorising
> answers (and I'm NOT saying you are), then it will hardly matter if you

need
> to choose multiple choice or actually write code now, will it? If you

know
> the material, then you know the material...
>
> "AIK" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> newsD9xb.55331$(E-Mail Removed). cable.rogers.com...
> > I am wondering to what extent does the exam rely upon using Visual

Studio
> > .NET IDE (for the web/windows application exams) as opposed to writing

> code
> > manually?
> >
> > Asad

Lorne Smith

You get multiple choice questions AFAIK, though understand there are some
which query you on the VS IDE...

The format of the tests can be found on the MS site and even in this
newsgroup with about 30 seconds of searching...

Lorne

"AIK" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:UNtxb.73313$(E-Mail Removed). cable.rogers.com...
> That was not my question. Let me rephrase: Am I tested on accomplishing a
> task using Visual Studio IDE, or rather on accomplishing tasks by writing
> manual code!
>
> You do realize that anything I can do with the Visual Studio IDE can be

done
> without it by simply writing the code in notepad right? So that's what I'm
> asking. Do I need to remember the coding details or am I given a fully
> functional Visual Studio IDE in the exam to work in.
>
> Asad
>
> "Lorne Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > If you learn the material instead of studying braindumps and memorising
> > answers (and I'm NOT saying you are), then it will hardly matter if you

> need
> > to choose multiple choice or actually write code now, will it? If you

> know
> > the material, then you know the material...
> >
> > "AIK" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > newsD9xb.55331$(E-Mail Removed). cable.rogers.com...
> > > I am wondering to what extent does the exam rely upon using Visual

> Studio
> > > .NET IDE (for the web/windows application exams) as opposed to writing

> > code
> > > manually?
> > >
> > > Asad

AIK

Here is the link:
http://www.microsoft.com/traincert/exams/70-315.asp

Find me where the information is available on the exam format coz I can't
find it! If you know where it is why can't you just help someone by posting
the link!

"Lorne Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> You get multiple choice questions AFAIK, though understand there are some
> which query you on the VS IDE...
>
> The format of the tests can be found on the MS site and even in this
> newsgroup with about 30 seconds of searching...
>
> Lorne
>
> "AIK" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:UNtxb.73313$(E-Mail Removed). cable.rogers.com...
> > That was not my question. Let me rephrase: Am I tested on accomplishing

> > task using Visual Studio IDE, or rather on accomplishing tasks by

writing
> > manual code!
> >
> > You do realize that anything I can do with the Visual Studio IDE can be

> done
> > without it by simply writing the code in notepad right? So that's what

I'm
> > asking. Do I need to remember the coding details or am I given a fully
> > functional Visual Studio IDE in the exam to work in.
> >
> > Asad
> >
> > "Lorne Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > If you learn the material instead of studying braindumps and

memorising
> > > answers (and I'm NOT saying you are), then it will hardly matter if

you
> > need
> > > to choose multiple choice or actually write code now, will it? If you

> > know
> > > the material, then you know the material...
> > >
> > > "AIK" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > newsD9xb.55331$(E-Mail Removed). cable.rogers.com...

> > Studio

writing
> > > code

Davin Mickelson

Let me see if I can target an answer to your original question.

Yes, the exam may pose a few questions to you based on using VS.NET. Most of
the exam will probably be on the .NET runtime - not the specific language
necessarily.

Be sure to understand how to debug code in VS.NET. Know all the debugging
windows and how to use the new advanced features of debugging in VS.NET.

Good luck.
Davin Mickelson

news:YkWxb.88171$(E-Mail Removed) le.rogers.com...