Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > DVD Recorder Problem (Panasonic DMR-E30)

DVD Recorder Problem (Panasonic DMR-E30)

Raydad2002

I have had a Panasonic DMR-E30 for 4 1/2 years and right now it's
giving me problems. Everytime I try to record something by putting in
a DVD-R in the machine (either a blank or has info. on it) it does its
reading
thing for a couple of minutes, then machine either reads "V11" and then
NO
DISC, just NO DISC (even though there is a disc inside) or the display
reads
nothing at all! It just goes blank.

Is there anything I can do to fix this or will I have to send this to a

repair shop or ship it back to the factory (That is if I still have the

warranty).

-Any suggestions?

Darrel Christenson

> -Any suggestions?

Any time my E50 goes really whacko I unplug it
and let it sit overnight and it usually behaves
like nothing happened when I plug it back in the
next day.

drc

Heinrich Galland

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Darrel Christenson
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > -Any suggestions?

> Any time my E50 goes really whacko I unplug it
> and let it sit overnight and it usually behaves
> like nothing happened when I plug it back in the
> next day.
>

> drc

Strange as it may sound, unplugging an electronic device (computer, DVD
burner, VCR, DVD player, garage door opener) that is acting "weird" and
leaving it off for some time often "cures" it's problems. It probably
purges the RAM or whatever problem is causing the glitch.

Heinrich