Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > @#$%^&*!! Discontinued AGAIN!!!!

@#$%^&*!! Discontinued AGAIN!!!!

Abbot

Don't know if this is new enough for you, but try:

http://www.archive.org/

its all free
AD

On 17 Jan 2006 21:26:49 -0800, "NYC XYZ" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Now it's "Divided We Fall!"
>
>WTF is up with Columbia/Tri-Star Home Video??
>
>They've discontinued all the good stuff -- "Bizet's Carmen," "32 Short
>Films about Glenn Gould"....
>
>And Warner's discontinued "Roots" as well!!
>
>Seems like pirates might be like Medieval monks, preserving culture and
>civilization against the barbarism of the capitalist creed which only
>knows value and worth in nickels and dimes!
>
>****I'M GOING TO START PIRATING TOO, MAKE COPIES OF MY DISCS AND MAKE
>THEM AVAILABLE WHEN THEY GO OUT-OF-PRINT****

Justin

Bill Vermillion wrote on [Fri, 20 Jan 2006 16:15:02 GMT]:
> In article <200120060348159096%(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Invid Fan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
>>Regis <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> Is there something like abandonware in music, litterature and movie
>>> industry ???

>>There's public domain, when the copyright has expired. Letting
>>something go out of print for a few years doesn't put it there, though
>>

> And the extension of the copyright laws a few years ago to give
> the heirs of the original copyright owners what amounts to a
> free-ride for a long time hasn't helped a thing.
>
> There were reasons for copyrights to be 26 years with a 26 year
> renewal, but now copyright terms sound like a prison sentence "life
> plus 50 years". [I may have that last number wrong].

Didn't they up it to 70 years?

Bill Vermillion

In article <(E-Mail Removed)2go.com>,
Justin <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Bill Vermillion wrote on [Fri, 20 Jan 2006 16:15:02 GMT]:
>> In article <200120060348159096%(E-Mail Removed)>,
>> Invid Fan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>>There's public domain, when the copyright has expired. Letting
>>>something go out of print for a few years doesn't put it there, though
>>>

>> And the extension of the copyright laws a few years ago to give
>> the heirs of the original copyright owners what amounts to a
>> free-ride for a long time hasn't helped a thing.
>>
>> There were reasons for copyrights to be 26 years with a 26 year
>> renewal, but now copyright terms sound like a prison sentence "life
>> plus 50 years". [I may have that last number wrong].

>Didn't they up it to 70 years?

Could be. That would be like two consecutive life sentences. By
the time it was out of copyright no one would want it :_0

Bill

--
Bill Vermillion - bv @ wjv . com

NYC XYZ

The kicker is that the greedy bastards WOULD STILL hang on and keep it
unavailable!

Bill Vermillion wrote:

> Could be. That would be like two consecutive life sentences. By
> the time it was out of copyright no one would want it :_0
>
> Bill
>

> --
> Bill Vermillion - bv @ wjv . com

Justin

NYC XYZ wrote on [20 Jan 2006 09:57:27 -0800]:

> The kicker is that the greedy bastards WOULD STILL hang on and keep it
> unavailable!

They aren't required to sell it to you.

NYC XYZ

Justin wrote:

> They aren't required to sell it to you.

It's culture...I say that if it's not being "used" then there's nothing
wrong with piracy.

And keeping such a lock on copy-rights just goes to underline the sheer
greed of it all.

Justin

NYC XYZ wrote on [20 Jan 2006 11:25:34 -0800]:

> Justin wrote:
>>

>> They aren't required to sell it to you.

> It's culture...I say that if it's not being "used" then there's nothing
> wrong with piracy.

Then you'd be wrong.

NYC XYZ

Justin wrote:

> Then you'd be wrong.

No, you're wrong.

Roy L. Fuchs

On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 16:52:44 GMT, Abbot
<abbot.drinker@home_in_pubs.ok> Gave us:

>Don't know if this is new enough for you, but try:

http://www.slummites.org/prettz/_tem...teshowdown.swf

Roy L. Fuchs

On 20 Jan 2006 09:57:27 -0800, "NYC XYZ" <(E-Mail Removed)>
Gave us:

>The kicker is that the greedy bastards WOULD STILL hang on and keep it
>unavailable!

You top posting ****ing retard! Don't you have anything to say that
actually has some modicum of depth?

Learn how to refrain from top posting in Usenet, you retarded ****.