Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Question for anyone?

Question for anyone?

Carl τΏτ

What is a multi-session DVD disc?

Carl

Jack (www.villagebbs.com)

A disc that was burned in multiple sessions, like a multi-session CD-R.
Ie, you burned 2gb on friday, burned another 1gb on saturday and
finalized it. There are now 2 sessions comprising a 3gb disc. Each time
you add an additional session it eats up some extra TOC room, but it
should show up as the entire 3gb on your PC.

I usually just wait until I have an entire discs worth of data to burn
it. Discs are so cheap that its usually not worth going back over and
trying to burn more data to an existing disc as well.

= numsix

Carl τΏτ

Thanks for the explanation...

Carl
"Jack (www.villagebbs.com)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> A disc that was burned in multiple sessions, like a multi-session CD-R.
> Ie, you burned 2gb on friday, burned another 1gb on saturday and
> finalized it. There are now 2 sessions comprising a 3gb disc. Each time
> you add an additional session it eats up some extra TOC room, but it
> should show up as the entire 3gb on your PC.
>
> I usually just wait until I have an entire discs worth of data to burn
> it. Discs are so cheap that its usually not worth going back over and
> trying to burn more data to an existing disc as well.
>
> = numsix

Bratboy

"Carl τΏτ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsLByf.480329$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks for the explanation...
>
> Carl
> "Jack (www.villagebbs.com)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>> A disc that was burned in multiple sessions, like a multi-session CD-R.
>> Ie, you burned 2gb on friday, burned another 1gb on saturday and
>> finalized it. There are now 2 sessions comprising a 3gb disc. Each time
>> you add an additional session it eats up some extra TOC room, but it
>> should show up as the entire 3gb on your PC.
>>
>> I usually just wait until I have an entire discs worth of data to burn
>> it. Discs are so cheap that its usually not worth going back over and
>> trying to burn more data to an existing disc as well.
>>
>> = numsix

Also, IIRC, once you do a finalize you can't add anymore data later. It
always seemed to me multi-session would be useful mainly for data storage
backups than anything else.