Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Question for someone who has the House S-1 set

Question for someone who has the House S-1 set

Bratboy

I would just like to know as to format. The sets Ive seen say widescreen
and the description of the disc's from netfix say WS as well. Anyway
recieved D1 & 2 today and they are both labled as Standard on the DVD. I
think the right word is that they are letterbox matted to 4:3. Are the store
bought copies done like this as well? I know these from Netflix are that
arrangement they started doing where if a set is 3 double sided disc's they
arrange to get a 6 disc set by having each side pressed seperatly and am
wondering if thats why its not a true WS from netflix
Thanks in advance

Jay G.

On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 18:17:16 -0700, Bratboy wrote:

> I would just like to know as to format. The sets Ive seen say widescreen
> and the description of the disc's from netfix say WS as well. Anyway
> recieved D1 & 2 today and they are both labled as Standard on the DVD. I
> think the right word is that they are letterbox matted to 4:3. Are the store
> bought copies done like this as well?

Yes, the retail version is non-anamorphic letterboxed widescreen. It came
quite a surprise to many people.

Online reviews mention it, like this one:
http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=17208

-Jay

Bratboy

"Jay G." <"Jay "@tmbg.org> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 18:17:16 -0700, Bratboy wrote:
>
>> I would just like to know as to format. The sets Ive seen say widescreen
>> and the description of the disc's from netfix say WS as well. Anyway
>> recieved D1 & 2 today and they are both labled as Standard on the DVD. I
>> think the right word is that they are letterbox matted to 4:3. Are the
>> store
>> bought copies done like this as well?

> Yes, the retail version is non-anamorphic letterboxed widescreen. It came
> quite a surprise to many people.
>
> Online reviews mention it, like this one:
> http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=17208
>
> -Jay

Thanks for the link. Hopefully the get things right for season 2 on but
doubt it.