Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Handsets and things

Handsets and things

Paul Cupis

> On Fri, 12 May 2006 00:04:35 +0100, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> You can get free software that lets you use your headset/mic with
>> Voiptalk (though I'd suggest you try sipgate.co.uk first - it is
>> completely free, so why not?)

> BECAUSE SIPGATE IS CRAP THAT'S WHY NOT .

I DON'T THINK THEY HEARD YOU AT THE BACK.

RFC1855.

Ivor Jones

"Paul Cupis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:e40jag$34a$(E-Mail Removed)
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > On Fri, 12 May 2006 00:04:35 +0100,
> > (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > > You can get free software that lets you use your
> > > headset/mic with Voiptalk (though I'd suggest you try
> > > sipgate.co.uk first - it is completely free, so why
> > > not?)

> > BECAUSE SIPGATE IS CRAP THAT'S WHY NOT .

> I DON'T THINK THEY HEARD YOU AT THE BACK.
>
> RFC1855.

A waste of time, he wouldn't understand what that means and even if he did
he'd not take any notice.

Ivor

The Invalid

On Fri, 12 May 2006 01:01:36 +0100, Paul Cupis <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> On Fri, 12 May 2006 00:04:35 +0100, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>> You can get free software that lets you use your headset/mic with
>>> Voiptalk (though I'd suggest you try sipgate.co.uk first - it is
>>> completely free, so why not?)

>> BECAUSE SIPGATE IS CRAP THAT'S WHY NOT .

>I DON'T THINK THEY HEARD YOU AT THE BACK.
>
>RFC1855.

Its OK he's a sad old man.

hairydog@despammed.com

On Thu, 11 May 2006 23:52:53 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>>Voiptalk (though I'd suggest you try sipgate.co.uk first - it is
>>completely free, so why not?)

>BECAUSE SIPGATE IS CRAP THAT'S WHY NOT .

No, it's your opinion that is crap.

Sipgate is free, and it works well for many thousands of people.

I use voip.co.uk because their tariffs suit my use better, and there
are more services, but Sipgate is fine.

Why don't you grow up and get a life instead of this childish
vendetta?

alex

paul123 wrote:
> Ivor Jones wrote:
>
>>You will not find anything that will work with both Skype and SIP. Skype
>>use their own proprietary protocol that isn't compatible with anything
>>else.

> It IS possible on one device, BUT you'll need to plug into your USB
> port on your PC:
> http://cgi.ebay.com/Skype-VoIPStunt-...QQcmdZViewItem
>
> Having said it is possible, a SIP hardware solution is probably
> preferable. Having to have your PC on to make a call is a hassle.
>
> Paul

The main problem we've had is finding products where the buttons and the
software talk to each other. We get sent loads of phones where the
keypads and stuff just don't work.

alex