Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > A list of Announced Blu/HD DVD Players... with pricing...

A list of Announced Blu/HD DVD Players... with pricing...

Allan

Announced Players

Toshiba, HD-XA1, $800, HD DVD, March
Toshiba, HD-A1, $500, HD DVD, March
Pioneer Elite, BDP-HD1, $1800, Blu-ray Disc, April
Samsung, BD-1000, $1000, Blu-ray Disc, April
Panasonic, N/A, $1000, Blu-ray Disc, June
Sony, BDP-S1, $1000(according to thedigitalbits), Blu-ray Disc, June
Philips, N/A, N/A, Blu-ray Disc, June+
Sharp, N/A, N/A, Blu-ray Disc, June+
LG Electronics, HD199, N/A, HD DVD, TBD
LG Electronics, BD199, N/A, Blu-ray Disc, TBD
RCA, HDV-5000. $500, Blu-ray Disc, April

- Neil Stephenson, _Cryptonomicon_

Alpha

Where is this from? The RCA is Hd DVD.

http://news.com.com/Blu-Ray,+HD+DVD+...3-6024750.html

"Allan" <(E-Mail Removed) > wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Announced Players
>
> Toshiba, HD-XA1, $800, HD DVD, March
> Toshiba, HD-A1, $500, HD DVD, March
> Pioneer Elite, BDP-HD1, $1800, Blu-ray Disc, April
> Samsung, BD-1000, $1000, Blu-ray Disc, April
> Panasonic, N/A, $1000, Blu-ray Disc, June
> Sony, BDP-S1, $1000(according to thedigitalbits), Blu-ray Disc, June
> Philips, N/A, N/A, Blu-ray Disc, June+
> Sharp, N/A, N/A, Blu-ray Disc, June+
> LG Electronics, HD199, N/A, HD DVD, TBD
> LG Electronics, BD199, N/A, Blu-ray Disc, TBD
> RCA, HDV-5000. $500, Blu-ray Disc, April
>

> "Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game
> because they almost always turn out to be -- or to be indistinguishable
> from
> -- self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free
> time."
> - Neil Stephenson, _Cryptonomicon_

Eaton Wings

Allan <(E-Mail Removed) > wrote in
news(E-Mail Removed):

> Announced Players
>
> Toshiba, HD-XA1, $800, HD DVD, March
> Toshiba, HD-A1, $500, HD DVD, March
> Pioneer Elite, BDP-HD1, $1800, Blu-ray Disc, April
> Samsung, BD-1000, $1000, Blu-ray Disc, April
> Panasonic, N/A, $1000, Blu-ray Disc, June
> Sony, BDP-S1, $1000(according to thedigitalbits), Blu-ray Disc, June
> Philips, N/A, N/A, Blu-ray Disc, June+
> Sharp, N/A, N/A, Blu-ray Disc, June+
> LG Electronics, HD199, N/A, HD DVD, TBD
> LG Electronics, BD199, N/A, Blu-ray Disc, TBD
> RCA, HDV-5000. $500, Blu-ray Disc, April

I think I'll wait till the Apex's and Recoton's of the world join the fray.

Large Farva

"Allan" <(E-Mail Removed) > wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Announced Players
>
> Toshiba, HD-XA1, $800, HD DVD, March
> Toshiba, HD-A1, $500, HD DVD, March
> Pioneer Elite, BDP-HD1, $1800, Blu-ray Disc, April
> Samsung, BD-1000, $1000, Blu-ray Disc, April
> Panasonic, N/A, $1000, Blu-ray Disc, June
> Sony, BDP-S1, $1000(according to thedigitalbits), Blu-ray Disc, June
> Philips, N/A, N/A, Blu-ray Disc, June+
> Sharp, N/A, N/A, Blu-ray Disc, June+
> LG Electronics, HD199, N/A, HD DVD, TBD
> LG Electronics, BD199, N/A, Blu-ray Disc, TBD
> RCA, HDV-5000. $500, Blu-ray Disc, April

When will the recorders hit the shelves?

Allan

On Mon, 9 Jan 2006 20:50:39 -0800, "Alpha" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Where is this from? The RCA is Hd DVD.

My Bad. Typing error:

Revised LIst:

Announced Players

Toshiba, HD-XA1, $800, HD DVD, March
Toshiba, HD-A1, $500, HD DVD, March
Pioneer Elite, BDP-HD1, $1800, Blu-ray Disc, April
Samsung, BD-1000, $1000, Blu-ray Disc, April
Panasonic, N/A, $1000, Blu-ray Disc, June
Sony, BDP-S1, $1000(according to thedigitalbits), Blu-ray Disc, June
Philips, N/A, N/A, Blu-ray Disc, June+
Sharp, N/A, N/A, Blu-ray Disc, June+
LG Electronics, HD199, N/A, HD DVD, TBD
LG Electronics, BD199, N/A, Blu-ray Disc, TBD
RCA, HDV-5000. $500, HD DVD, April

- Neil Stephenson, _Cryptonomicon_

askuiper

On Tue, 10 Jan 2006 06:19:13 GMT, "Large Farva" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"Allan" <(E-Mail Removed) > wrote in message
>news(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> Announced Players
>>
>> Toshiba, HD-XA1, $800, HD DVD, March
>> Toshiba, HD-A1, $500, HD DVD, March
>> Pioneer Elite, BDP-HD1, $1800, Blu-ray Disc, April
>> Samsung, BD-1000, $1000, Blu-ray Disc, April
>> Panasonic, N/A, $1000, Blu-ray Disc, June
>> Sony, BDP-S1, $1000(according to thedigitalbits), Blu-ray Disc, June
>> Philips, N/A, N/A, Blu-ray Disc, June+
>> Sharp, N/A, N/A, Blu-ray Disc, June+
>> LG Electronics, HD199, N/A, HD DVD, TBD
>> LG Electronics, BD199, N/A, Blu-ray Disc, TBD
>> RCA, HDV-5000. $500, Blu-ray Disc, April

>When will the recorders hit the shelves?

Just curious.....are we back to a Beta vs VHS situation?
If so, I'm gonna wait a LONG time!!!

Adrian

Black Locust

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
askuiper <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Just curious.....are we back to a Beta vs VHS situation?
> If so, I'm gonna wait a LONG time!!!

1976: Sony vs JVC

2006: Sony vs Toshiba

Yep, it's Beta vs VHS for the 21st century..

> Adrian

Allan

On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 22:46:30 -0600, Black Locust <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> askuiper <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Just curious.....are we back to a Beta vs VHS situation?
>> If so, I'm gonna wait a LONG time!!!

>1976: Sony vs JVC
>
>2006: Sony vs Toshiba
>
>Yep, it's Beta vs VHS for the 21st century..

There are Three very different, and very successful Video Game formats
out there right now, and they seem to be doing just fine.

Allan <(E-Mail Removed) > wrote:

> There are Three very different, and very successful Video Game formats
> out there right now, and they seem to be doing just fine.

Well then, I guess it's too bad the two HD formats aren't different
enough from each other for both to survive the long haul. Just as
Betamax wasn't different enough from VHS to survive...

Allan

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 22:02:40 -0600, Black Locust <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Allan <(E-Mail Removed) > wrote:
>
>> There are Three very different, and very successful Video Game formats
>> out there right now, and they seem to be doing just fine.

>Well then, I guess it's too bad the two HD formats aren't different
>enough from each other for both to survive the long haul. Just as
>Betamax wasn't different enough from VHS to survive...

So EA's MVP 06 NCAAź Baseball on the XBOX and MVP 06 NCAAź Baseball
on the PS2 are "Different"?

Difference? Game Console. Not much more. XBOX has some exclusive
Games, PS2 does as well. But there are many games that they share.

Could be the way HD goes.

- Neil Stephenson, _Cryptonomicon_