Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > MSCE/MCSA network differences?

MSCE/MCSA network differences?

James

I have passed 210 and 215, and am looking at 216 next... Once I have passed
216, is the MCSA 218 going to be a snap (i.e. I could do it straight away)
and be MCSA certified and then carry on on the MCSE track, or is it
noticeably different and not worth going "off course" for? As I'm self
studying, it takes me a little while to get ready for the each test (work is
busy and they wont pay for me to go on a course!) so I wouldn't want to stop
the mcse work if 218 was going to take ages too!
Thanks,
James

mcse_w2k

Hi there

that was my exact path, after 210, 215, 216, the 218 exam will be a journey,
not really journey but you need a little bit refreshing.
then you get the MCSA
good luck

news:yb1wb.5671$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have passed 210 and 215, and am looking at 216 next... Once I have

passed
> 216, is the MCSA 218 going to be a snap (i.e. I could do it straight away)
> and be MCSA certified and then carry on on the MCSE track, or is it
> noticeably different and not worth going "off course" for? As I'm self
> studying, it takes me a little while to get ready for the each test (work

is
> busy and they wont pay for me to go on a course!) so I wouldn't want to

stop
> the mcse work if 218 was going to take ages too!
> Thanks,
> James

Diego Sainz

I actually did mine the hard way. I did 216 first and finished up with 218.
I found it was easier and made the last few tests seem like a breath of
fresh air. The one thing I noticed was that 218 hit the internet side
really hard and just touched on the networking and AD basics.

Diego

news:yb1wb.5671$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have passed 210 and 215, and am looking at 216 next... Once I have

passed
> 216, is the MCSA 218 going to be a snap (i.e. I could do it straight away)
> and be MCSA certified and then carry on on the MCSE track, or is it
> noticeably different and not worth going "off course" for? As I'm self
> studying, it takes me a little while to get ready for the each test (work

is
> busy and they wont pay for me to go on a course!) so I wouldn't want to

stop
> the mcse work if 218 was going to take ages too!
> Thanks,
> James

me

Look at the bright side. 218 can count for an elective on the MCSE side.