Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Should I use yellow video cable when using S-video?

Should I use yellow video cable when using S-video?

somebody

When I connect my mini-DV camcorder to our console DVD
recorder, I've been connecting the red and white RCA
audio cables, but not the yellow video cable. I then
connect an S-video cable between the two. Should I also
connect the yellow RCA video cable? I don't believe I'd
gain anything, and I'm concerned I wouldn't the the
quality of the S-video connection.

-Thanks

Large Farva

No, the yellow connector is not s-video.

"somebody" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> When I connect my mini-DV camcorder to our console DVD
> recorder, I've been connecting the red and white RCA
> audio cables, but not the yellow video cable. I then
> connect an S-video cable between the two. Should I also
> connect the yellow RCA video cable? I don't believe I'd
> gain anything, and I'm concerned I wouldn't the the
> quality of the S-video connection.
>
> -Thanks

Steve(JazzHunter)

On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 02:24:52 GMT, "Large Farva" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>No, the yellow connector is not s-video.

The point is that the S-video IS the video, the compoiste video
carried by the yellow cable is not necessary. I think that would be a
clearer answer.

... Steve ..