Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > "3 Godfathers" and "Mogambo" exclusive releases at TARGET (of all places)!!!!

"3 Godfathers" and "Mogambo" exclusive releases at TARGET (of all places)!!!!

Film Buff

Found these today at TARGET!!
These are the Warners releases for $9.99
Did not know they were even out
Amazon does not mention that these are available on DVD as yet
Thought I would pass this along to the John Wayne Fans

wunnuy

Film Buff wrote:
> Found these today at TARGET!!
> These are the Warners releases for $9.99
> Did not know they were even out
> Amazon does not mention that these are available on DVD as yet
> Thought I would pass this along to the John Wayne Fans

3 Godfathers! A truly underrated film that I"m surprised hasn't been
remade. It's one of those films I've been waiting for it to come out on
DVD. Excellent

jayembee

Film Buff <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Found these today at TARGET!!
> These are the Warners releases for $9.99
> Did not know they were even out
> Amazon does not mention that these are available on DVD as yet
> Thought I would pass this along to the John Wayne Fans

They were released on Dec 20th.

-- jayembee

Ray

> 3 Godfathers! A truly underrated film that I"m surprised hasn't been
> remade. It's one of those films I've been waiting for it to come out on
> DVD. Excellent

Does Three Men and a Baby count? Maybe that was the ghost of John Wayne in
the background.

"wunnuy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...

> Film Buff wrote:
>> Found these today at TARGET!!
>> These are the Warners releases for $9.99
>> Did not know they were even out
>> Amazon does not mention that these are available on DVD as yet
>> Thought I would pass this along to the John Wayne Fans

> 3 Godfathers! A truly underrated film that I"m surprised hasn't been
> remade. It's one of those films I've been waiting for it to come out on
> DVD. Excellent

Film Buff

It Was Remade in 1974 for TV as "The Godchild"
and again in 2003 as a Japanese animated feature "Tokyo Godfathers"

On 6 Jan 2006 15:01:44 -0800, "wunnuy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Film Buff wrote:
>> Found these today at TARGET!!
>> These are the Warners releases for $9.99
>> Did not know they were even out
>> Amazon does not mention that these are available on DVD as yet
>> Thought I would pass this along to the John Wayne Fans

>3 Godfathers! A truly underrated film that I"m surprised hasn't been
>remade. It's one of those films I've been waiting for it to come out on
>DVD. Excellent

Jay G.

On Sat, 07 Jan 2006 01:02:33 GMT, jayembee wrote:

> Film Buff <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Found these today at TARGET!!
>> These are the Warners releases for $9.99
>> Did not know they were even out
>> Amazon does not mention that these are available on DVD as yet
>> Thought I would pass this along to the John Wayne Fans

> They were released on Dec 20th.

Target had them in their ad as exclusives the week of release, although I
don't think anyone has previously mentioned them here. So good job.

Best Buy has had a number of exclusives in the past, although most of those
are eventually released to all retail outlets. Right now Best Buy has the
Mr. Show Complete Collection for $39.99. Other retailers will get it on
Jan 17, with a $79.99 MSRP.

-Jay

Bill Vermillion

In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
wunnuy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Film Buff wrote:
>> Found these today at TARGET!!
>> These are the Warners releases for $9.99
>> Did not know they were even out
>> Amazon does not mention that these are available on DVD as yet
>> Thought I would pass this along to the John Wayne Fans

>3 Godfathers! A truly underrated film that I"m surprised hasn't been
>remade. It's one of those films I've been waiting for it to come out on
>DVD. Excellent

Well it looks like there are at least versions with the exact came
plot and two with a variation so it's been made once and remade
four time.

It was remade in 1936 with Chester Morris playing the part that
Harry Carey did in the 1916 version. Then remade in 1948 with
with John Wayne playing the lead.

Then it was remade [with a slight changes] as Three Men And A
Cradle in France in 1985. Then Three Men And A Baby was the 1987
American version.

The 1936 version shows up on TCM every now and then. They have the
trailer for that version on line.

Bill

--
Bill Vermillion - bv @ wjv . com

AceoHearts

These were actually released about 3 weeks ago. Only mention I saw of them
was in the Target sales flyer for the week.

AceoHearts
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Ray wrote:
> > 3 Godfathers! A truly underrated film that I"m surprised hasn't been
> > remade. It's one of those films I've been waiting for it to come out on
> > DVD. Excellent

> Does Three Men and a Baby count? Maybe that was the ghost of John Wayne in
> the background.

Nope. Any movie that stars Steve Guttenburg doesn't qualify as an
actual movie.

jayembee

"AceoHearts" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> These were actually released about 3 weeks ago. Only mention
> I saw of them was in the Target sales flyer for the week.

The nearest Target stores aren't very close to me, so I would've
missed hearing about these if I didn't see them mentioned at

http://www.dvdfanboy.com/

At that website, Russell Hammond lists exclusive DVDs at
various retailers. Usually, it's bonus extras discs, but he
mentioned these two John Ford releases back when they
came out, so I made a point of going to a Target to get them.

-- jayembee