Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Blu-Ray Movie Packaging?

Blu-Ray Movie Packaging?

Allan

http://media.gear.ign.com/articles/6...g_3301860.html

http://media.gear.ign.com/articles/6...g_3301862.html

- Neil Stephenson, _Cryptonomicon_

Alpha

"Allan" <(E-Mail Removed) > wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> http://media.gear.ign.com/articles/6...g_3301860.html
>

> http://media.gear.ign.com/articles/6...g_3301862.html

I love how it says "beyond high definition" on the package. Give me a
break.

Allan

>"Allan" <(E-Mail Removed) > wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> http://media.gear.ign.com/articles/6...g_3301860.html
>>

>> http://media.gear.ign.com/articles/6...g_3301862.html

>I love how it says "beyond high definition" on the package. Give me a
>break.

One more:

http://media.gear.ign.com/articles/6...g_3301854.html

- Neil Stephenson, _Cryptonomicon_

Joshua Zyber

"Allan" <(E-Mail Removed) > wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> http://media.gear.ign.com/articles/6...g_3301860.html
>

> http://media.gear.ign.com/articles/6...g_3301862.html

Looks like they took the DVD cover art, squished it vertically (it's
definitely distorted), and threw in a blue banner at the top.

Goro

Alpha wrote:
> "Allan" <(E-Mail Removed) > wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > http://media.gear.ign.com/articles/6...g_3301860.html
> >

> > http://media.gear.ign.com/articles/6...g_3301862.html

> I love how it says "beyond high definition" on the package. Give me a
> break.

I agree that it's another annoying piece of marketting-babble-speak.
BUT, I would make the slight case that 1080p IS beyond what is
currently marketed as HD, which is 720p or 1080i.

Of course, then you ask yourself, "Do I have a TV with 1080p inputs?"

The answer is "no" of course, since almost ALL the 1080p HDTVs do NOT
have 1080p inputs, not even teh new Sony SXRDs, which they'd ostensibly
market to accompnay BluRay. *sigh*

-goro-

Goro

Allan wrote:
> >"Allan" <(E-Mail Removed) > wrote in message
> >news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
> >> http://media.gear.ign.com/articles/6...g_3301860.html
> >>

> >> http://media.gear.ign.com/articles/6...g_3301862.html

> >I love how it says "beyond high definition" on the package. Give me a
> >break.
> >

> One more:
>
> http://media.gear.ign.com/articles/6...g_3301854.html

I'd prefer to see it side-by-side with an amaray case. Let's hope that
this new Ultra-Amaray(?) case is standard and that it's not all
HD-Digipacks or some such.

the case looks taller and wider than DVD cases and the same thickness.

-goro-

Jeff Rife

Allan ((E-Mail Removed) ) wrote in alt.video.dvd:
> http://media.gear.ign.com/articles/6...g_3301860.html
>

> http://media.gear.ign.com/articles/6...g_3301862.html

Great...we go from laserdisc with nice big pictures and room for text
down to DVD with less, down to an HD version with even less. I'm sure
there won't be many inserts, either.

--
Jeff Rife | "Man, I thought Ultimate Robot Fighting was real,
| like pro wrestling, but it turns out it's fixed,
| like boxing."
| -- Philip J. Fry, "Futurama"

Roy L. Fuchs

On Fri, 6 Jan 2006 13:32:31 -0500, Jeff Rife <(E-Mail Removed)> Gave us:

>Allan ((E-Mail Removed) ) wrote in alt.video.dvd:
>> http://media.gear.ign.com/articles/6...g_3301860.html
>>

>> http://media.gear.ign.com/articles/6...g_3301862.html

>Great...we go from laserdisc with nice big pictures and room for text
>down to DVD with less, down to an HD version with even less. I'm sure
>there won't be many inserts, either.

"WE" don't go anywhere. I ain't buying into that CRAP.

Lack of informational inserts is way up there on my "Lame
production" list.