Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Noisy disc in drive any ideas why ??

Noisy disc in drive any ideas why ??

Miltion

The disc seems to be noisier at the stard and the end and in the
middle its fine ??

Worked fine in my last DVD player. Think its the disc or maybe a fault
player. I backed up the dvd and played it an dit played fine ?

Any ideas. Anyone had this problem before ?

Thanks.

Its a Zensonic Z340 DVD/Divx Player.

Roy L. Fuchs

On Fri, 06 Jan 2006 11:57:42 +1100, Miltion <Milton Adler> Gave us:

>The disc seems to be noisier at the stard and the end and in the
>middle its fine ??
>
>Worked fine in my last DVD player. Think its the disc or maybe a fault
>player. I backed up the dvd and played it an dit played fine ?
>
>Any ideas. Anyone had this problem before ?
>
>Thanks.
>
>Its a Zensonic Z340 DVD/Divx Player.

Does "this disc" have scratches all over the surface of it from
where you have placed on surfaces and the like? You know... places
OTHER THAN where they are supposed to be, which amount to only two
locations. The disc's box or the players tray.

If you touch the read side of your discs, the lesson you need to
learn is never to do so. The test is too look at your discs. Any
fingerprints or scratches? If so YOU fail the disc handling test.

If it is clean (and I do mean pristine), the your player has a
problem with a specific type of disc manufacturing format, such as
Dual Layer Disc, Opposite Track Path. That would cause the beginning
and end to be different than "the middle" which is not the physical
middle of the disc.

Basically, make sure you don't ever touch your discs, OR place them
on a surface (box and tray ONLY), and never buy a no name brand
player, no matter how cheaply priced.

Miltion

Its not a no name brand well no realy

i think it just takesa a few swaps till you get a decent one. new
model you see.

i take decen tcard of my DVDS. No useing them as coasters or anything.

Ill do a swap of the player and see if the new one does the same.

Thanks.

On Fri, 06 Jan 2006 01:53:44 GMT, Roy L. Fuchs
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Fri, 06 Jan 2006 11:57:42 +1100, Miltion <Milton Adler> Gave us:
>

>>The disc seems to be noisier at the stard and the end and in the
>>middle its fine ??
>>
>>Worked fine in my last DVD player. Think its the disc or maybe a fault
>>player. I backed up the dvd and played it an dit played fine ?
>>
>>Any ideas. Anyone had this problem before ?
>>
>>Thanks.
>>
>>Its a Zensonic Z340 DVD/Divx Player.

> Does "this disc" have scratches all over the surface of it from
>where you have placed on surfaces and the like? You know... places
>OTHER THAN where they are supposed to be, which amount to only two
>locations. The disc's box or the players tray.
>
> If you touch the read side of your discs, the lesson you need to
>learn is never to do so. The test is too look at your discs. Any
>fingerprints or scratches? If so YOU fail the disc handling test.
>
> If it is clean (and I do mean pristine), the your player has a
>problem with a specific type of disc manufacturing format, such as
>Dual Layer Disc, Opposite Track Path. That would cause the beginning
>and end to be different than "the middle" which is not the physical
>middle of the disc.
>
> Basically, make sure you don't ever touch your discs, OR place them
>on a surface (box and tray ONLY), and never buy a no name brand
>player, no matter how cheaply priced.

One-Shot Scot

"Miltion" <Milton Adler> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> The disc seems to be noisier at the stard and the end and in the
> middle its fine ??
>
> Worked fine in my last DVD player. Think its the disc or maybe a fault
> player. I backed up the dvd and played it an dit played fine ?
>
> Any ideas. Anyone had this problem before ?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Its a Zensonic Z340 DVD/Divx Player.

This DVD is probably out of balance and you will likely notice other disks
which have similar vibration problems. Your previous player may have had a
better spindle suspension which minimized vibrations caused by out of
balance disks.

When the disk first initializes, it is spinning at its maximum speed, so you
will notice that the player vibrates the most. Then, after the menu appears,
the vibration will be less severe. My guess is that this disk is dual-layer,
so as the disk plays, the speed decreases until the layer-change, at which
time the disk speed begins to increase. Finally, at the end of the movie,
the laser is back to the center of the disk and the disk speed is back to
its initial start speed, where the vibrations are the most severe.

Yes, I have had this problem to one extent or another. Although playback did
not seem to be compromised, I have balanced a few DVDs in order to minimize
the vibrations.