Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Help me find this DVD recorder ....

Help me find this DVD recorder ....

Pseud O. Nym

A few days ago, I was looking at some data on a particular DVD recorder
when I ran out of time. I thought I had saved the URL and noted the brand
name but if I did I have not been able to find my notes or bookmarks. I
have tried various searches on Google but I have not found it yet.

There may be other brands and models out there that have the desired
features. Perhaps someone can steer me toward a site that would help me
in my quest.

The recorder that I am looking for has a large Hard Drive for recording
but the Hard Drive is a undockable and removable USB device. When the
desired TV shows or movies have been recorded as a DVD file, it is
possible to just un-dock the hard drive and connect it to any computer
using USB ... just like a "Thumb Drive". Then you can transfer the
recordings to the PC's drive for editing or burning to an actual DVD for
permanent keeping.

Thanks for any assistance,

PON