Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Blockbuster at $1 a Month: WORTHLESS

Blockbuster at $1 a Month: WORTHLESS

JMC

BB online suckered me back with their offer of one month for $1. I'm
finding that one buck is about all that the damn thing is worth. My last
three dvds should be back by now, all mailed back over a week ago, and I
reported them all as "returned" yesterday, and requested that they send
the next in the queue. Just checked, and they've sent me NOTHING, even
though I have at least 10 available movies in my queue. I may just go
ahead and cancel the damned thing, even though I have at least two weeks
left. Two weeks into it and I've gotten three DVDs. I know that the mail
slows down around the holidays, but this is ridiculous.

Roy L. Fuchs

On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 09:35:03 GMT, JMC <(E-Mail Removed)> Gave us:

snipped off topic CRAP.

Regardless of what you are doing in your personal life, we don't need
to hear about it here. It is WAY off topic.

Alpha

"Roy L. Fuchs" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 09:35:03 GMT, JMC <(E-Mail Removed)> Gave us:
>
> snipped off topic CRAP.
>
> Regardless of what you are doing in your personal life, we don't need
> to hear about it here. It is WAY off topic.

No .... YOU ARE WAY OFF TOPIC. Everything you say is useless here. You
troll, you berate, and you express your idiocy well....that is all. Go
away.

Roy L. Fuchs

On Thu, 5 Jan 2006 02:18:49 -0800, "Alpha" <(E-Mail Removed)> Gave us:

>"Roy L. Fuchs" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 09:35:03 GMT, JMC <(E-Mail Removed)> Gave us:
>>
>> snipped off topic CRAP.
>>
>> Regardless of what you are doing in your personal life, we don't need
>> to hear about it here. It is WAY off topic.

>No .... YOU ARE WAY OFF TOPIC. Everything you say is useless here. You
>troll, you berate, and you express your idiocy well....that is all. Go
>away.

**** off. Blockbuster beatitudes are NOT on topic here, IDIOT!

Bob

On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 09:35:03 GMT, JMC <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>BB online suckered me back with their offer of one month for $1. I'm
>finding that one buck is about all that the damn thing is worth. My last
>three dvds should be back by now, all mailed back over a week ago, and I
>reported them all as "returned" yesterday, and requested that they send
>the next in the queue. Just checked, and they've sent me NOTHING, even
>though I have at least 10 available movies in my queue. I may just go
>ahead and cancel the damned thing, even though I have at least two weeks
>left. Two weeks into it and I've gotten three DVDs. I know that the mail
>slows down around the holidays, but this is ridiculous.

I also gave poor Ol' BB a buck. Although I am not doing much better
than you in terms of disc flow, I did manage to get 2 out of 3 discs
on Long Wait that I could not get from NF no matter how much I bitched
at them. I also got a couple store coupons which my wife likes to use.

I will give NF a month or two to get its act together again. BB is
going bye bye after this month expires.

--

Aleph-null bottles of beer on the wall,
Aleph-null bottles of beer.

Large Farva

"JMC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bL5vf.4973$M%(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...
> BB online suckered me back with their offer of one month for $1. I'm
> finding that one buck is about all that the damn thing is worth. My last
> three dvds should be back by now, all mailed back over a week ago, and I
> reported them all as "returned" yesterday, and requested that they send
> the next in the queue. Just checked, and they've sent me NOTHING, even
> though I have at least 10 available movies in my queue. I may just go
> ahead and cancel the damned thing, even though I have at least two weeks
> left. Two weeks into it and I've gotten three DVDs. I know that the mail
> slows down around the holidays, but this is ridiculous.

Same here. Queue full of available now movies and it takes them forever to
ship them. My queue has stood empty for days waiting for it up update. Sad.
I'm going back to Netflix.

Also, you might as well wait until your month is almost up to cancel. Even
though your Blockbuster month is pre-paid, they stop sending movies the
minute you cancel, no matter when it it.

wunnuy

I tried them for FREE for a month and I still felt ripped off. There
was one week where I had three open spaces for movies, eight movies in
my queue all saying "available now" and nothing sent. A whole week. I
asked them what was going on and they said "you need to have around 30
movies in your queue" to which I asked what did it matter if I had 3 or
300, if they all say "available now" I should be sent movies. When I
quit the service I told them this again as the reason why and they
tried to give me the 30 movies in your queue line again. I have no idea
how this business can stay afloat. It's hard to believe there's a DVD
mail company worse than Netflix.

TB

"Roy L. Fuchs" whined:

>>No .... YOU ARE WAY OFF TOPIC. Everything you say is useless here. You
>>troll, you berate, and you express your idiocy well....that is all. Go
>>away.
>>

> **** off. Blockbuster beatitudes are NOT on topic here, IDIOT!

You sure snivel and bitch a lot. Is it that time of the month?

JMC

Large Farva wrote:

> Same here. Queue full of available now movies and it takes them forever to
> ship them. My queue has stood empty for days waiting for it up update. Sad.
> I'm going back to Netflix.
>
> Also, you might as well wait until your month is almost up to cancel. Even
> though your Blockbuster month is pre-paid, they stop sending movies the
> minute you cancel, no matter when it it.

I just checked my queue, still no DVDs shipped, even though I have over
15 "available now" titles in my queue. That makes three days wasted.
Checked my email too, and they have received everything I sent back, the
last arriving on Tues. Oh well, I guess I'll just go ahead and print my
coupons and go the Blockbuster to get my two "free" rentals, at least
they can't screw me out of those.

trollbusters@trollsdie.com

On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 17:55:11 GMT, "TB" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"Roy L. Fuchs" whined:
>>>
>>>No .... YOU ARE WAY OFF TOPIC. Everything you say is useless here. You
>>>troll, you berate, and you express your idiocy well....that is all. Go
>>>away.
>>>

>> **** off. Blockbuster beatitudes are NOT on topic here, IDIOT!

>You sure snivel and bitch a lot. Is it that time of the month?

TROLL

Worthless Hikmer MCSE 104 02-04-2005 10:01 PM
8x dvd burner worthless in XP Home edtion...any answers here? mom Computer Support 11 10-18-2004 12:54 PM
Is this the most worthless NG or what? Oh!Ma Sin Laden MCSE 4 04-26-2004 11:48 PM
this site is worthless brtnharv MCSE 6 02-09-2004 10:21 PM
This worthless MCSE Keiran Haley MCSE 8 08-01-2003 04:49 AM

Advertisments