Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > OT: Godfather IV?

OT: Godfather IV?

Frank Sereno

(PeteCresswell) wrote:

> Per One-Shot Scot:
>
>>It's embarrassing to watch some of Hollywood's most
>>talented performers attempt to help her as she stumbles through the awkward
>>recital of each of her lines.
>>
>>And I'm not the only one who feels this way:

> Rest assured... I'm no movie expert, but from her first appearance I just
> couldn't believe that anybody that bad could appear in such a big-name film.

It always helps to have your father direct the movie!

Andrew Venor

Frank Sereno wrote:
> (PeteCresswell) wrote:
>
>> Per One-Shot Scot:
>>
>>> It's embarrassing to watch some of Hollywood's most
>>> talented performers attempt to help her as she stumbles through the
>>> awkward
>>> recital of each of her lines.
>>>
>>> And I'm not the only one who feels this way:

>> Rest assured... I'm no movie expert, but from her first appearance I just
>> couldn't believe that anybody that bad could appear in such a big-name
>> film.

> It always helps to have your father direct the movie!

That and the fact she was hanging around the set already so her dad
didn't have to shut down the production when the star originally cast in
the role quit one week into the shoot.

ALV

Fish! - of Arcadia.

In article <7vivf.5349$M%(E-Mail Removed). net>,
> "Fish! - of Arcadia." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) t...
> >> I wouldn't be so quick to presume. Random House did recently
> >> commission
> >> and publish a "Godfather Returns" sequel novel by Mark Winegardner:
> >>
> >> http://tinyurl.com/8hjg7
> >>
> >> And, even more despicably, there is also a new Godfather video game:
> >>
> >> http://ps2.ign.com/objects/665/665843.html
> >>
> >> Is a 4th movie really so unlikely?

> > Of course it ****ing is. FFC got bagged to death for making the 3rd
> > one,

> Who says he has to be involved? Mario Puzo is dead and yet there's a 4th
> Godfather novel. Coppola doesn't own the rights to the franchise,
> Paramount does. They can do with it what they want, and if they think
> making a 4th movie could earn them a nickel there's nothing stopping
> them from doing it.
>
> > and what the hell would it be about anyway?

> It would be based on the "Godfather Returns" novel, presumably.
>
> I'm certainly not saying this is a good idea. I'd be pretty mortified by
> it. But to say it's never going to happen is just plain ignorant of the
> realities of the movie business.

Well you can crap on and speculate all you want. The fact is it's not
going to happen, never, ever.

Why? Because who the **** would ONLY pay to see the 4th part of a
movie. I'm saying this because who the **** would see the 4th IF YOU'D
SEEN THE FIRST 3 and knew that no one previously involved would be in
it, and the story was made by someone else?

So it's unliely the 100 or so dickheads who WOULD pay to see the 4th
installment of a movie without kowing/seeing the previous 3, would cover
the costs of production.

So can you explain how *I'm* being 'ignorant of the movie business' yet
you're not?

What are you basing the assumption that it WOULD ever be made, on?

--

"Cocaine's a hell of a drug" - Rick James

Joshua Zyber

"Fish! - of Arcadia." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) t...
> Well you can crap on and speculate all you want. The fact is it's not
> going to happen, never, ever.
>
> Why? Because who the **** would ONLY pay to see the 4th part of a
> movie. I'm saying this because who the **** would see the 4th IF
> YOU'D
> SEEN THE FIRST 3 and knew that no one previously involved would be in
> it, and the story was made by someone else?
>
> So it's unliely the 100 or so dickheads who WOULD pay to see the 4th
> installment of a movie without kowing/seeing the previous 3, would
> cover
> the costs of production.
>
> So can you explain how *I'm* being 'ignorant of the movie business'
> yet
> you're not?
>
> What are you basing the assumption that it WOULD ever be made, on?

I don't know why I should argue this with you. I hope it doesn't happen,
but I wouldn't count it out. There's a 4th Godfather novel and a new
Godfather video game. Who paid for those? Somebody did.

Why did "Carlito's Way: Rise to Power" get made, when it had no
involvement from anyone who made the first movie and was not a sequel
that any audience was clamoring for? Yet there it is on retailer
shelves, and I guarantee you that somebody has bought a copy.

Jason Halsey

"Joshua Zyber" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:H6twf.7065$M%(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...
> but I wouldn't count it out. There's a 4th Godfather novel and a new
> Godfather video game.

Just curious.
Are there actually 4 "Godfather" books out? I was always under the
impression that there was just the one Mario Puzo novel that covered at
least parts one and two, not sure if it covered three as I read the book
long before i saw the third movie. And the new novel that came out
relatively recently.

wunnuy

Jason Halsey wrote:

> Just curious.
> Are there actually 4 "Godfather" books out? I was always under the
> impression that there was just the one Mario Puzo novel that covered at
> least parts one and two, not sure if it covered three as I read the book
> long before i saw the third movie. And the new novel that came out
> relatively recently.

There's no Godfather 4. There's Godfther returns which fillls in spots
not shown in GF3, I was bored stiff and couldn't finish it.

Joshua Zyber

"Jason Halsey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%_dAf.3445$(E-Mail Removed) ...
>> but I wouldn't count it out. There's a 4th Godfather novel and a new
>> Godfather video game.

> Just curious.
> Are there actually 4 "Godfather" books out? I was always under the
> impression that there was just the one Mario Puzo novel that covered
> at least parts one and two, not sure if it covered three as I read the
> book long before i saw the third movie. And the new novel that came
> out relatively recently.

Yes, you're right. There aren't 4 books, but Mario Puzo did write the
screenplays for all 3 films, which is where I was confused.

Don't sell your Godfather Collection just yet JONA99 DVD Video 24 05-17-2004 01:51 AM
Godfather sound Jeff Pearson DVD Video 1 05-17-2004 01:37 AM
Godfather: New Digital Masters. Opinions? Scot Gardner DVD Video 6 11-15-2003 01:42 PM
Godfather Movies: To Be Sold Separately. Scot Gardner DVD Video 7 11-10-2003 04:18 PM
Did you bought "The Godfather" at amazon.co.uk? iamtotal DVD Video 0 09-21-2003 06:09 PM

Advertisments