Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > If your Tv has progresive Scan does your DVD have to have it to work ?

If your Tv has progresive Scan does your DVD have to have it to work ?

Alyssa

Ive just got a old DVD player and i know it aint got PS. But my TV is
480p,720p,1080p.

And it has this think called digital Hyper which upscales to
1980by1080 which i have on all the time. Instead of the 100htz option.

Thanks for the info.

Jay G.

On Wed, 04 Jan 2006 12:52:45 +1100, Alyssa wrote:

> Ive just got a old DVD player and i know it aint got PS. But my TV is
> 480p,720p,1080p.
>
> And it has this think called digital Hyper which upscales to
> 1980by1080 which i have on all the time. Instead of the 100htz option.

No, if your TV is capable of doing digital upconversion, your DVD player
doesn't have to have progressive scan. However, how is your DVD connected?
If it's connection with composite or even S-video, there may be some
quality loss due to color matrixing.

-Jay

Roy L. Fuchs

On Tue, 3 Jan 2006 22:40:23 -0600, "Jay G." <"Jay "@tmbg.org> Gave us:

>On Wed, 04 Jan 2006 12:52:45 +1100, Alyssa wrote:
>
>> Ive just got a old DVD player and i know it aint got PS. But my TV is
>> 480p,720p,1080p.
>>
>> And it has this think called digital Hyper which upscales to
>> 1980by1080 which i have on all the time. Instead of the 100htz option.

>No, if your TV is capable of doing digital upconversion, your DVD player
>doesn't have to have progressive scan. However, how is your DVD connected?
>If it's connection with composite or even S-video, there may be some
>quality loss due to color matrixing.
>
>-Jay

A good PS Player, such as the Sony DVP NC675P (as well as the next
higher model) has it, and DTS and 6.1 outputs for less than $130.

That was last years model, so it can likely be found even cheaper
than that. It IS most certainly a worthwhile investment as the
composite out and the sVHS out are both much poorer color purity
sources for your monitor.

It is a five disc changer and remembers the stop point on all five
tray locations. Can't beat it for that price. Heck, they may even
have better out now.

Ebay at $80 buy it now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-DVP-NC675P-...ogressive-scan
_W0QQitemZ5849857176QQcategoryZ61238QQssPageName
ZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

You have to string those three lines back together, then click it.

Alyssa

Its ok my new Zensonic z340 is sweet. Connected via component. Using
the digital hper scan thin on the TV and P Scan. Not sure if its
working though. Picture is great.

Also plays any Xvid or Divx i can throw at it.

On Wed, 04 Jan 2006 05:35:39 GMT, Roy L. Fuchs
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Tue, 3 Jan 2006 22:40:23 -0600, "Jay G." <"Jay "@tmbg.org> Gave us:
>
>>On Wed, 04 Jan 2006 12:52:45 +1100, Alyssa wrote:
>>
>>> Ive just got a old DVD player and i know it aint got PS. But my TV is
>>> 480p,720p,1080p.
>>>
>>> And it has this think called digital Hyper which upscales to
>>> 1980by1080 which i have on all the time. Instead of the 100htz option.

>>No, if your TV is capable of doing digital upconversion, your DVD player
>>doesn't have to have progressive scan. However, how is your DVD connected?
>>If it's connection with composite or even S-video, there may be some
>>quality loss due to color matrixing.
>>
>>-Jay

> A good PS Player, such as the Sony DVP NC675P (as well as the next
>higher model) has it, and DTS and 6.1 outputs for less than $130.
>
> That was last years model, so it can likely be found even cheaper
>than that. It IS most certainly a worthwhile investment as the
>composite out and the sVHS out are both much poorer color purity
>sources for your monitor.
>
> It is a five disc changer and remembers the stop point on all five
>tray locations. Can't beat it for that price. Heck, they may even
>have better out now.
>
> Ebay at $80 buy it now.
>
>http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-DVP-NC675P-...ogressive-scan
>_W0QQitemZ5849857176QQcategoryZ61238QQssPageNam e
>ZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
>

> You have to string those three lines back together, then click it.

Goro

Does your player then output 480i? If your going to be using Xvids,
don't you want to be able to output 720p (for when you use HR 720p or
1080i files)?

btw, does your player do x264 or .ts files? (just wondeing)

-goro-

Alyssa wrote:
> Its ok my new Zensonic z340 is sweet. Connected via component. Using
> the digital hper scan thin on the TV and P Scan. Not sure if its
> working though. Picture is great.
>
> Also plays any Xvid or Divx i can throw at it.
>

> On Wed, 04 Jan 2006 05:35:39 GMT, Roy L. Fuchs
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >>No, if your TV is capable of doing digital upconversion, your DVD player
> >>doesn't have to have progressive scan. However, how is your DVD connected?
> >>If it's connection with composite or even S-video, there may be some
> >>quality loss due to color matrixing.
> >>
> >>-Jay

> > A good PS Player, such as the Sony DVP NC675P (as well as the next
> >higher model) has it, and DTS and 6.1 outputs for less than $130.
> >
> > That was last years model, so it can likely be found even cheaper
> >than that. It IS most certainly a worthwhile investment as the
> >composite out and the sVHS out are both much poorer color purity
> >sources for your monitor.
> >
> > It is a five disc changer and remembers the stop point on all five
> >tray locations. Can't beat it for that price. Heck, they may even
> >have better out now.
> >
> > Ebay at $80 buy it now.
> >
> >http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-DVP-NC675P-...ogressive-scan
> >_W0QQitemZ5849857176QQcategoryZ61238QQssPageNam e
> >ZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
> >

> > You have to string those three lines back together, then click it.

Bob Allison

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Roy L. Fuchs <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-DVP-NC675P-...ogressive-scan
> _W0QQitemZ5849857176QQcategoryZ61238QQssPageName
> ZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
>

> You have to string those three lines back together, then click it.

Or, you could have enclosed the URL in < >

--
*The trouble with life is the lack of cool background music

Bob
in Carmel, CA