Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > DiVx to DVD-R - Rule of Thumb?

DiVx to DVD-R - Rule of Thumb?

Steve

I want to put two (or three!) of my favourite movies onto a single DVD
for ease of watching, I have encoded them into DiVx as follows:

Video: DixV 6, 720 x 352 23.98fps
Audio: MPEG3, Stereo 48000Hz

Each file is around 700mb and about 2hrs each in viewing time.

Now I know I've lost quality encoding them, and will most likely lose a
bit more recoding back to DVD, but assuming my software encodes them
automatically, reducing them to fit on a single DVD-R, how many, as a
rule of thumb, should I be attempting to fit on one DVD-R with reducing
the quality even more?

I think three is pushing it, but maybe two is as well!!

Any advice?

Steve

PS I do have standalone DivX player but I've retired it because of too
many remotes syndrome and the fact my DVD player is also my home cinema
amp!

Biz

You might as well go back to VHS. One full length movie to each single
layer dvd, anything more is unwatchable on anything but a small tv...not
even worth the effort....