Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > DVD ISO to DVD how does ths work >??

DVD ISO to DVD how does ths work >??

Alyssa

Ive just got this Movie ISO and wondering how it can be burnt as a DVD
with menus and such ???

I asume it has all these in the iso. So i just need the right burner
to use the stuff in the iso to make a complete dvd ?>

Never used an ISO before for a DVD.

Thanks.

Willie B

"Alyssa" <Alyssa@.com.au> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Ive just got this Movie ISO and wondering how it can be burnt as a DVD
> with menus and such ???
>
> I asume it has all these in the iso. So i just need the right burner
> to use the stuff in the iso to make a complete dvd ?>
>

> Never used an ISO before for a DVD.
>
> Thanks.

NERO will burn an iso, same as a nero image file (nrg). If you install the
Nero image drive you can 'mount' the iso (pretend it is a disc in the
mountable (virtual)drive) then you can see what's on it and play it in dvd
software. Alcohol 120 will also do all of this. Or, if you have
DVDdecrypter, change the iso extension (ie right click and 'rename) to img,
the DVDdecrypter will burn it for you. There are probably loads of other
ways, check whatever burning software you have to see how they handle image
files.
Willie B

Alyssa

Alli want it to do is play on my DVD player. Its region 0. We will
see. I can preview it with VLC player so we will see.

On Sat, 31 Dec 2005 14:25:23 GMT, "Willie B" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"Alyssa" <Alyssa@.com.au> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>>

>> Ive just got this Movie ISO and wondering how it can be burnt as a DVD
>> with menus and such ???
>>
>> I asume it has all these in the iso. So i just need the right burner
>> to use the stuff in the iso to make a complete dvd ?>
>>

>> Never used an ISO before for a DVD.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

>NERO will burn an iso, same as a nero image file (nrg). If you install the
>Nero image drive you can 'mount' the iso (pretend it is a disc in the
>mountable (virtual)drive) then you can see what's on it and play it in dvd
>software. Alcohol 120 will also do all of this. Or, if you have
>DVDdecrypter, change the iso extension (ie right click and 'rename) to img,
>the DVDdecrypter will burn it for you. There are probably loads of other
>ways, check whatever burning software you have to see how they handle image
>files.
>Willie B

Bob

wrote:

>if you have DVDdecrypter, change the iso extension (ie right click and 'rename) to img,
>the DVDdecrypter will burn it for you.

I have never had to do that. It always burns ISO files with the ".iso"
extension. After all, that's what it rips a DVD into - an ISO.

--

Merry Christmas!

http://www.illwillpress.com/xmas.html

Bob

wrote:

>If you install the
>Nero image drive you can 'mount' the iso (pretend it is a disc in the
>mountable (virtual)drive) then you can see what's on it and play it in dvd
>software.

You can use DVD Shrink to do the same thing. Import the ISO, export
the VIDEO_TS directory.

The reason I mention Shrink is because it, like Decrypter, is free. No
need to fool with Nero, which is not free.

--

Merry Christmas!

http://www.illwillpress.com/xmas.html

Alyssa

But does the ISO have the menus in it ??

ive only been able to preview the isos video. have not seen the file
structor of the ISO. So iam not sure ifs is one video file or if it
has the structiure of a DVD rip. You no with the BUP files and stuff.

What do you think. From your experience ?

Thanks.

dbrozew@gmail.com

Alyssa wrote:
> But does the ISO have the menus in it ??
>
> ive only been able to preview the isos video. have not seen the file
> structor of the ISO. So iam not sure ifs is one video file or if it
> has the structiure of a DVD rip. You no with the BUP files and stuff.
>
> What do you think. From your experience ?
>
> Thanks.
>

> On Sat, 31 Dec 2005 16:30:17 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) (Bob) wrote:
>
> >On Sat, 31 Dec 2005 14:25:23 GMT, "Willie B" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> >wrote:
> >
> >>If you install the
> >>Nero image drive you can 'mount' the iso (pretend it is a disc in the
> >>mountable (virtual)drive) then you can see what's on it and play it in dvd
> >>software.

> >You can use DVD Shrink to do the same thing. Import the ISO, export
> >the VIDEO_TS directory.
> >
> >The reason I mention Shrink is because it, like Decrypter, is free. No
> >need to fool with Nero, which is not free.

Bill Vermillion

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Alyssa <Alyssa > wrote:

>But does the ISO have the menus in it ??

>ive only been able to preview the isos video. have not seen the file
>structor of the ISO. So iam not sure ifs is one video file or if it
>has the structiure of a DVD rip. You no with the BUP files and stuff.

>What do you think. From your experience ?

The ISO image should be a copy of the full DVD if done correctly
giving you menus, extras, etc.

Bill

>On Sat, 31 Dec 2005 16:30:17 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) (Bob) wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 31 Dec 2005 14:25:23 GMT, "Willie B" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>If you install the
>>>Nero image drive you can 'mount' the iso (pretend it is a disc in the
>>>mountable (virtual)drive) then you can see what's on it and play it in dvd
>>>software.

>>You can use DVD Shrink to do the same thing. Import the ISO, export
>>the VIDEO_TS directory.
>>
>>The reason I mention Shrink is because it, like Decrypter, is free. No
>>need to fool with Nero, which is not free.

--
Bill Vermillion - bv @ wjv . com

Bob

On Sun, 01 Jan 2006 03:35:02 +1100, Alyssa <Alyssa@.com.au> wrote:

Please do not top post.

>But does the ISO have the menus in it ??

It has everything in it.

Use Shrink to export the VIDEO_TS directory and inside it are all your
files.

>ive only been able to preview the isos video. have not seen the file
>structor of the ISO. So iam not sure ifs is one video file or if it
>has the structiure of a DVD rip. You no with the BUP files and stuff.
>
>What do you think. From your experience ?
>
>Thanks.
>

>On Sat, 31 Dec 2005 16:30:17 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) (Bob) wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 31 Dec 2005 14:25:23 GMT, "Willie B" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>If you install the
>>>Nero image drive you can 'mount' the iso (pretend it is a disc in the
>>>mountable (virtual)drive) then you can see what's on it and play it in dvd
>>>software.

>>You can use DVD Shrink to do the same thing. Import the ISO, export
>>the VIDEO_TS directory.
>>
>>The reason I mention Shrink is because it, like Decrypter, is free. No
>>need to fool with Nero, which is not free.

--

Merry Christmas!

http://www.illwillpress.com/xmas.html

Alyssa