Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > de-interlacing options?

de-interlacing options?

John

When I am fixing the recording presets in my ATI tuner, it has a
section on de-interlacing options.

I have the choice of progressive source, de-interlaced, and encode
interlaced. Which do I choose and what are the differences?

I am fixing the full resolution recording preset so the audio is
48,000 and compliant with DVD as the ATI software I have it all seems
to be at 44,100.

Thanks for your help on this

John

Biz

It depends on your source...if its standard tv, then its almost definitely
an interlaced source....
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> When I am fixing the recording presets in my ATI tuner, it has a
> section on de-interlacing options.
>
> I have the choice of progressive source, de-interlaced, and encode
> interlaced. Which do I choose and what are the differences?
>
> I am fixing the full resolution recording preset so the audio is
> 48,000 and compliant with DVD as the ATI software I have it all seems
> to be at 44,100.
>
> Thanks for your help on this
>
> John

John

On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 01:25:29 GMT, A strange species called "Biz"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>It depends on your source...if its standard tv, then its almost definitely
>an interlaced source....
>"John" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> When I am fixing the recording presets in my ATI tuner, it has a
>> section on de-interlacing options.
>>
>> I have the choice of progressive source, de-interlaced, and encode
>> interlaced. Which do I choose and what are the differences?
>>
>> I am fixing the full resolution recording preset so the audio is
>> 48,000 and compliant with DVD as the ATI software I have it all seems
>> to be at 44,100.
>>
>> Thanks for your help on this
>>
>> John

It is ATI software that is an analogue TV tuner, but the feed comes
from a Sony Digital (Sky TV) box. The audio comes via optical input. I
am guessing this would still be classed as a standard TV source being
analogue?

What are the differences between the three different options? And when
is it best to use each one?

Cheers

John