Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Call for Entries! EERIE HORROR FILM FESTIVAL!

Call for Entries! EERIE HORROR FILM FESTIVAL!

Baron Von Kropp

The 2006 Eerie Horror Film Festival has officially opened it's call for
entries and is seeking independently produced feature length and short
horror/sci-fi films and screenplays from around the world!

The 2006 Eerie Horror Film Festival will be held October 4-8, in Erie,
Pennsylvania at the Playhouse Theater and will feature special
celebrity guests, visiting filmmakers, and thousands of attendees!
Awards will be presented to the best films and screenplays!

We are pleased to present our first ever Student Film Competition for
ages 5 - 17 as well as more stream-lined and easy to understand
submission categories!

Submission categories for the 2006 Eerie Horror Film Festival are
Horror Feature; Horror Short; Experimental Horror Feature; Experimental
Horror Short; Psychological Horror Feature; Psychological Horror Short;
Sci-Fi Feature; Sci-Fi Short; Animated Horror Feature; Animated Horror
Short; Horror Comedy Feature; Horror Comedy Short; Student Horror
Feature; Student Horror Short; Foreign Horror Feature; Foreign Horror
Short; Short Screenplay; Feature Length Screenplay. We will also accept
horror related documentaries.

To submit your film or screenplay into our competition this year, just
go to our website: http://www.eeriehorrorfest.com and follow the
directions you'll find there.

Overlooked, underrated, and misunderstood, independent horror movies
have been ignored and shunned by the mainstream film industry since it
began more than a century ago. Through the decades, these films have
entertained and thrilled audiences around the world and continue to
grow in popularity to this very day. There is an incredible amount of
talent in this field that goes unnoticed an unappreciated, and we are
proud to announce that the Eerie Horror Film Festival hopes to reverse
that trend. This event was established in order to give filmmakers and
writers in the horror /sci-fi genres a venue to have their work
showcased to people in the industry.

Since 2004 the Eerie Horror Film Festival has screened nearly 100 indie
films and has featured such guests as Lloyd Kaufman (Troma), Gunnar
Hansen (Texas Chainsaw Massacre), Mark Borchardt (American Movie), John
Hancock (Academy Award nominated director), Sean David Morton (Joe
Killionaire/talk show legend), Ben Meade (Bazaar Bizarre), Michael
Stanley (Attack of the Beast Creatures), Debbie Rochon (actress), Pam
Sutch (actress), Greg Lamberson (Slime City), Jamian Snow (author),
Dorothy Tristan (screenwriter), Len Kabasinski (Swamp Zombies), Travis
Bowen (actor/director) and many. many more! In 2004 with the generosity
of Lion's Gate Films we were able to show the North Coast premiere of
the movie "SAW", two weeks before it hit the theaters! Several of our
selected films have gone on to get distribution deals after our Fest
including "The Last Horror Film" which was picked up and released by
Fangoria a few weeks after it won Best of The Fest at our event!

The 2006 Eerie Horror Film Festival will be even bigger and better,
with more special guest and surprises! We hope that you will be a part
of this year's festivities!

Erie is only a short drive from the cities of Cleveland, OH, Buffalo,
NY, and Pittsburgh, PA. For those of you looking for other activities
throughout the weekend.

For additional information about the Festival:

Eerie Horror Film Festival
PO Box 98
Edinboro, Pa. 16412

On-Line at: