Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > NOT on DVD ?

NOT on DVD ?

JAQK

Is there a web site where you can 'submit' your interest in seeing a movie
released on DVD ?

There are still countless movies yet to see the light of day on DVD, such as

Split Image
Futureworld
Kafka

I'm thinking more along the lines of something that would pass your request
along to the studios.
That would be interesting.

Bratboy

"JAQK" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Is there a web site where you can 'submit' your interest in seeing a movie
> released on DVD ?
>
> There are still countless movies yet to see the light of day on DVD, such
> as
>
> Split Image
> Futureworld
> Kafka
>
> I'm thinking more along the lines of something that would pass your
> request along to the studios.
> That would be interesting.

Well a few titles Id like to see out were actually released in other Regions
like "High Anxioty" by Mel Brooks. Been told it was included in some region
2 3 disc sets but never seen the light of day in USA. Another title I'd like
to see out is Vibes. Think that one was put out on Laserdisc but not
certain. If it was tho then they shoulkd have a decent master to put it out.
Very annoying to have to drag out my old DTVTivo box as thats the only copy
I have hehe

Sean O'Hara

In the Year of the Cock, the Great and Powerful JAQK declared:
> Is there a web site where you can 'submit' your interest in
> seeing a movie released on DVD ?

Find out what company has the rights to the film and send them a
letter. (Finding out who owns the film is a bit of a trick since,
frex, Warners owns all MGM films made before 1987, and MGM owns all
United Artist titles, etc.)

You might also send an email to Criterion.

--
Sean O'Hara | http://diogenes-sinope.blogspot.com
Steve: Oh yeah, the Prime Minister, eh? He sure has screwed up

MLK

"JAQK" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Is there a web site where you can 'submit' your interest in seeing a movie
> released on DVD ?

Yes, http://www.turnerclassicmovies.com - search for a movie and then select
the Vote feature...

> There are still countless movies yet to see the light of day on DVD, such
> as
>
> Split Image

> Futureworld

There is a 4:3 full screen (Region 2) version available from amazon.co.uk