Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Region codes for portable Insignia DVD Player?

Region codes for portable Insignia DVD Player?

Wanderer

Just bought my daughter an Insignia DVD player in the
US - plays US titles fine but she lives in UK - any way
I can recode it for region-free?

Help!

TIA
--
Z-REX

Patty Winter

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Wanderer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Just bought my daughter an Insignia DVD player in the
>US - plays US titles fine but she lives in UK - any way
>I can recode it for region-free?

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers has great information.
That would be a good place to check on available modifications
for a specific model. I used the site to help me select a DVD
player that I could make region free with the remote. Some of
them need hardware modifications, and some can't be modified
at all. If the one you bought can't be made region-free, you
should be able to find plenty that can, and get her one of
those.

Patty

Wanderer

Patty Winter wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Wanderer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Just bought my daughter an Insignia DVD player in the
>>US - plays US titles fine but she lives in UK - any way
>>I can recode it for region-free?

> http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers has great information.
> That would be a good place to check on available modifications
> for a specific model. I used the site to help me select a DVD
> player that I could make region free with the remote. Some of
> them need hardware modifications, and some can't be modified
> at all. If the one you bought can't be made region-free, you
> should be able to find plenty that can, and get her one of
> those.

Thanks, but I have already bought and paid for it.

--
Z-REX

Mike Bird

"Wanderer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Just bought my daughter an Insignia DVD player in the
> US - plays US titles fine but she lives in UK - any way
> I can recode it for region-free?
>
> Help!
>
> TIA
> --
> Z-REX

What is the model number of the player. Insignia have a number of models
out on the market.

The term for modifying a DVD player to play all regions is 'hacking' and
this can very often be done by just using the remote control to go to a menu
that is not shown in the instruction book but can be pulled up with a four
or five number code being pressed on the remote.

Michael

Wanderer

Mike Bird wrote:
> "Wanderer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>Just bought my daughter an Insignia DVD player in the
>>US - plays US titles fine but she lives in UK - any way
>>I can recode it for region-free?
>>
>>Help!
>>
>>TIA
>>--
>>Z-REX

> What is the model number of the player. Insignia have a number of models
> out on the market.
>
> The term for modifying a DVD player to play all regions is 'hacking' and
> this can very often be done by just using the remote control to go to a menu
> that is not shown in the instruction book but can be pulled up with a four
> or five number code being pressed on the remote.

PDVD10 - that would be what I am looking for! Thanks.
--
Z-REX

Patty Winter

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Wanderer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Patty Winter wrote:
>>
>> http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers has great information.
>> That would be a good place to check on available modifications
>> for a specific model.
>>
>> If the one you bought can't be made region-free, you
>> should be able to find plenty that can, and get her one of
>> those.

>Thanks, but I have already bought and paid for it.

Perhaps you only read the last portion of my message. In the
first sentence, I recommended a place that should tell you how
to modify the unit you bought if indeed it can be made region-free.

Patty

Bratboy

Merry Christmas
http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks.ph...gnia+IS-PDVD10

Bratboy

"Wanderer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Just bought my daughter an Insignia DVD player in the
> US - plays US titles fine but she lives in UK - any way
> I can recode it for region-free?
>
> Help!
>
> TIA
> --
> Z-REX

Region code hack posted by ps_aurora, September 24 2005:
The following hack also works for the Mintek MDP-1020/MDP-1060:

1. Power on
2. Open disc tray

With remote control:
3. Press Setup
4. Select Preferences
5. Enter 253135
6. Press Left Arrow
7. Press Down Arrow
(you should be seeing "REGION CODE 1" now)

8. Press 10/0 to set REGION CODE to 0
9. Press Setup (and it's done!)