Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > I'm a newbie... where can I find a dvd copy faq?

I'm a newbie... where can I find a dvd copy faq?

ankhaw

Just installed my dvd burner in the 'puter, and now I want to start
making copies of my kid's DVD's, I'm tired of replacing them when they
get all scratched up... any faq's anywhere on how to do this? I'm not
computer illiterate, but I'm also not a whiz... somewhere inbetween.

Anyone? Anyone? Beuller?

adTHANKSvance,
Ted

whosbest54

In article <(E-Mail Removed). com>,

>Just installed my dvd burner in the 'puter, and now I want to start
>making copies of my kid's DVD's, I'm tired of replacing them when they
>get all scratched up... any faq's anywhere on how to do this? I'm not
>computer illiterate, but I'm also not a whiz... somewhere inbetween.

Start here:

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdbackup

I use DVD Shrink, Decrypter and Nero. I learned about them for DVD
backup in usenet searching with Google Groups. For example:

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=dv...ecrypter+nero&

There are other tools. People have their own preferences.

whosbest54

http://members.aol.com/whosbest54/

http://members.aol.com/whosbest54/rmb.html

Bratboy

Depending on the title you might also need AnyDVD. Its put out at
Slysoft.com and does have a 21 day trial. Up until a couple very recent
movies I never had to use it myself to make back-ups, just dvdshrink and
then burned in nero.