Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Is Netflix closed Sat-Mon?

Is Netflix closed Sat-Mon?

wunnuy

except back in the old days before they started their throttling
policies, they used to get them on a Monday and send them out the same
day.

Biz

"wunnuy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> except back in the old days before they started their throttling
> policies, they used to get them on a Monday and send them out the same
> day.

Or b4 their customer base exceeded their capacity to service the accounts at
certain distro centers...but that would be way too logical a way to look at
it...all you want is all the disks in your queue available all the time
right?

wunnuy

I want the disks that say "available now" sent to me now, not the next
day or two or three days later. If their customer base has exceeded
their capacity to service the accounts in the manner which they
advertise, they need to change their policy then to "as many disks as
we deem necessary within a month period" rather than "unlimited."
That's why they were sued and lost.

Bob

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 18:01:30 GMT, "Large Farva" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Netflix could send me 2 DVD's a week and they would STILL be 500% better
>than Blockbuster. At least Netflix sends the discs and doesn't charge you
>when you want to cancel.

Another possibility is that because of the holidays people are
ordering more discs which coupled with the post office deluge is
creating slow responses.

I don't care what the excuse is. I am going on the sidelines until NF
gets back to normal. I do not have to watch DVDs all the time. There
are other things in life.

Invid Fan

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Bob
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 18:01:30 GMT, "Large Farva" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> >Netflix could send me 2 DVD's a week and they would STILL be 500% better
> >than Blockbuster. At least Netflix sends the discs and doesn't charge you
> >when you want to cancel.

> Another possibility is that because of the holidays people are
> ordering more discs which coupled with the post office deluge is
> creating slow responses.
>
> I don't care what the excuse is. I am going on the sidelines until NF
> gets back to normal. I do not have to watch DVDs all the time. There
> are other things in life.

Nothing wrong with that. I always seem to be two weeks away from
canceling, as I run out of things I'm interested in. One of these days
I won't find another batch to fill my queue and I'll finally leave.

-'Deal/No Deal', CHESS

NFord

"wunnuy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> I've finally realized, every monday when I get an emial saying they've
> received my disks, they note the disks they will be sending out and
> every single time, they're not sending them out until Tuesday. Has
> anyone else noticed this? They acknowledge they're sending them out,
> but not until the next day. This is baffling.
>
> Also, I send in all three at the same time and always one gets "logged"
> in a day later than the other two. Looks like they're still
> *throttling*

I'd like to "throttle" them. Their turn-around time
has more than doubled since they realized that I
was not one of their sit-on-the-DVDs-for-a-week
customers. False advertising scumbags!!

alcarm1964@hotmail.com

When does the throttling normally start. I've been a subscriber for
almost a year (2nd week of January) and have yet to encounter delayed
shipping and long waits for new releases. I'm on the 3-out plan...this
past Monday I returned 3, then today received "4 Brothers" and 2
"older" disks (Polar Express and the Bad News Bears remake). When I
hit the magic 1-year mark do you think I'll see a difference?
According to my account I've gotten 162 films so far in 11.5 months,
which I think is pretty good. I'm about 40 miles from the distribution
center for my area...I've seen 1 film come from a different center, but
there wasn't any degredation in shipping speed.

wunnuy

I was a customer for about three years before it started this year. I
probably brought them at least ten customers too, over the years
becuase the service used to be amazing. You really used to be able to
get unlimited, e.g., you return a movie and you received the next one
right away. If you're truly having a quick turnover, expect to see the
throttling soon.

kaydigi

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> When does the throttling normally start. I've been a subscriber for
> almost a year (2nd week of January) and have yet to encounter delayed
> shipping and long waits for new releases. I'm on the 3-out plan...this
> past Monday I returned 3, then today received "4 Brothers" and 2
> "older" disks (Polar Express and the Bad News Bears remake). When I
> hit the magic 1-year mark do you think I'll see a difference?
> According to my account I've gotten 162 films so far in 11.5 months,
> which I think is pretty good. I'm about 40 miles from the distribution
> center for my area...I've seen 1 film come from a different center, but
> there wasn't any degredation in shipping speed.

Doesn't matter how many total, it matters how much per month (billing
cycle).

Bob

On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 12:37:51 -0500, Invid Fan <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>One of these days
>I won't find another batch to fill my queue and I'll finally leave.

Now is the time to do it. You can always come back when they get their
act together.

--

Our revels now are ended. These are actors as I foretold
you were all spirits and are melted into air, into thin air,