Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Is Netflix closed Sat-Mon?

Is Netflix closed Sat-Mon?

wunnuy

I've finally realized, every monday when I get an emial saying they've
received my disks, they note the disks they will be sending out and
every single time, they're not sending them out until Tuesday. Has
anyone else noticed this? They acknowledge they're sending them out,
but not until the next day. This is baffling.

Also, I send in all three at the same time and always one gets "logged"
in a day later than the other two. Looks like they're still
*throttling*

Bob

On 20 Dec 2005 09:09:41 -0800, "wunnuy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I've finally realized, every monday when I get an emial saying they've
>received my disks, they note the disks they will be sending out and
>every single time, they're not sending them out until Tuesday. Has
>anyone else noticed this? They acknowledge they're sending them out,
>but not until the next day. This is baffling.
>
>Also, I send in all three at the same time and always one gets "logged"
>in a day later than the other two. Looks like they're still
>*throttling*

The same thing is happening to me. I will only get 3 discs this entire
week when I should get 9.

My subscription comes up for renewal this weekend so I am dropping it
until NF gets back to normal. I am going to call Thursday because
Friday may be a holiday.

There is a tremendous post office backlog right now and how it impacts
NF is anybody's guess. But that is not my concern - I am only
interested in results, and right not NF is not delivering value for my
subscription dollar.

Large Farva

"wunnuy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> I've finally realized, every monday when I get an emial saying they've
> received my disks, they note the disks they will be sending out and
> every single time, they're not sending them out until Tuesday. Has
> anyone else noticed this? They acknowledge they're sending them out,
> but not until the next day. This is baffling.
>
> Also, I send in all three at the same time and always one gets "logged"
> in a day later than the other two. Looks like they're still
> *throttling*

Netflix could send me 2 DVD's a week and they would STILL be 500% better
than Blockbuster. At least Netflix sends the discs and doesn't charge you
when you want to cancel.

Bratboy

"wunnuy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> I've finally realized, every monday when I get an emial saying they've
> received my disks, they note the disks they will be sending out and
> every single time, they're not sending them out until Tuesday. Has
> anyone else noticed this? They acknowledge they're sending them out,
> but not until the next day. This is baffling.
>
> Also, I send in all three at the same time and always one gets "logged"
> in a day later than the other two. Looks like they're still
> *throttling*

Think they maybe close on sunday since no mail on that day. I usually try to
remember to send some back always on saturday. Then on monday I get emails
of recipt and new movie due to arrive on Tuesday. This works well for
getting titles coming out on tuesday. For example sent 2 back sunday and 2
not hitting the street till today titles are already here, hehe. Cant
explain the delay on recording some returns, usually they get all mine at
once but have once or twice had one disc of a batch sent back that takes an
extra day before reciept...just assunmed was busy day for em

wunnuy

Bratboy wrote:
> "wunnuy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>> Think they maybe close on sunday since no mail on that day. I usually try to

> remember to send some back always on saturday. Then on monday I get emails
> of recipt and new movie due to arrive on Tuesday. This works well for
> getting titles coming out on tuesday. For example sent 2 back sunday and 2
> not hitting the street till today titles are already here, hehe. Cant
> explain the delay on recording some returns, usually they get all mine at
> once but have once or twice had one disc of a batch sent back that takes an
> extra day before reciept...just assunmed was busy day for em

Netflix is closed on sat-sun. But every monday they get my disks and
acknowledge it, but don't send the replacements until Tuesday.

Bratboy

"wunnuy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...

> Bratboy wrote:
>> "wunnuy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>>> Think they maybe close on sunday since no mail on that day. I usually
>>> try to

>> remember to send some back always on saturday. Then on monday I get
>> emails
>> of recipt and new movie due to arrive on Tuesday. This works well for
>> getting titles coming out on tuesday. For example sent 2 back sunday and
>> 2
>> not hitting the street till today titles are already here, hehe. Cant
>> explain the delay on recording some returns, usually they get all mine at
>> once but have once or twice had one disc of a batch sent back that takes
>> an
>> extra day before reciept...just assunmed was busy day for em

> Netflix is closed on sat-sun. But every monday they get my disks and
> acknowledge it, but don't send the replacements until Tuesday.

Guess it could be a regional thing. Im in Denver and turnaround seems pretty
fast here. Maybe your facility is overburdened so they are slower or
something of that nature. It could even be something as simple as time of
day their outgoing mail is picked up. If mail gets picked up just once in
early AM then by time stuff is logged as returned they have to wait for next
days pickup to ship next disk (sorry if not clear) Of course this is just
guesswork on my part, no facts to back it up.

wunnuy

Bratboy wrote:
>> Guess it could be a regional thing. Im in Denver and turnaround seems pretty

> fast here. Maybe your facility is overburdened so they are slower or
> something of that nature. It could even be something as simple as time of
> day their outgoing mail is picked up. If mail gets picked up just once in
> early AM then by time stuff is logged as returned they have to wait for next
> days pickup to ship next disk (sorry if not clear) Of course this is just
> guesswork on my part, no facts to back it up.

Well I get the emails stating they've received my disks usually when I
log on, around 8-8:30. I'm in Los Angeles, the second biggest market in
teh country, I can't see any reason for them to not have the disks out
the same day they say they received them. Oddly, one time a few weeks
ago, I returned disks on a Thurs morning and recieved the next set of
disks two days later, so I thought maybe they were getting back to how
they used to be, but I guess not.

kaydigi

"wunnuy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Bratboy wrote:
>>> Guess it could be a regional thing. Im in Denver and turnaround seems
>>> pretty

>> fast here. Maybe your facility is overburdened so they are slower or
>> something of that nature. It could even be something as simple as time of
>> day their outgoing mail is picked up. If mail gets picked up just once in
>> early AM then by time stuff is logged as returned they have to wait for
>> next
>> days pickup to ship next disk (sorry if not clear) Of course this is just
>> guesswork on my part, no facts to back it up.

> Well I get the emails stating they've received my disks usually when I
> log on, around 8-8:30. I'm in Los Angeles, the second biggest market in
> teh country, I can't see any reason for them to not have the disks out
> the same day they say they received them. Oddly, one time a few weeks
> ago, I returned disks on a Thurs morning and recieved the next set of
> disks two days later, so I thought maybe they were getting back to how
> they used to be, but I guess not.

What disk are getting delayed? New Tuesday releases, recent new releases,
obscure titles??

The same thing happens to me once a month in Richmond, VA with mainly non
new releases. Stuff like Saving Private Ryan and similar titles.

wunnuy

I have mostly TV show titles in my queue. I'm in the middle of season 3
of six feeet under, which has been out for a long time.

Invid Fan

In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
wunnuy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Bratboy wrote:
> >> Guess it could be a regional thing. Im in Denver and turnaround seems
> >> pretty

> > fast here. Maybe your facility is overburdened so they are slower or
> > something of that nature. It could even be something as simple as time of
> > day their outgoing mail is picked up. If mail gets picked up just once in
> > early AM then by time stuff is logged as returned they have to wait for next
> > days pickup to ship next disk (sorry if not clear) Of course this is just
> > guesswork on my part, no facts to back it up.

> Well I get the emails stating they've received my disks usually when I
> log on, around 8-8:30. I'm in Los Angeles, the second biggest market in
> teh country, I can't see any reason for them to not have the disks out
> the same day they say they received them.

I'd guess the fact that it's the biggest market, and on Monday they're
dealing with two days worth of returns (those mailed back the previous
Friday and Saturday), is a factor. If they don't start mailing anything
out until every return is logged in, it'll probably be the next day
before most of the stuff is mailed.

-'Deal/No Deal', CHESS