Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Good Riddance : DVDSoon

Good Riddance : DVDSoon

Lester Bangs

After buying 150+ DVD's from them I will not buy another..

They took my Credit ($30 bucks) 2 days before shipping my last DVD, so they
charged me $40 bucks instead of $10 (DVD was released before they took they
credit)

They took all my iPoints (~1000) - Nothing worth getting anyway

They took my $50 for a loyalty program (got about $12 in savings)

Stuff 'em. Deleted the URL in my favourites. Never, Never again

Lester "not happy" Bangs

btw: It appears DVDImport have brought their outstanding orders

NewcastleBoy

On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 08:36:51 GMT, "Lester Bangs"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>After buying 150+ DVD's from them I will not buy another..
>
>They took my Credit ($30 bucks) 2 days before shipping my last DVD, so they
>charged me $40 bucks instead of $10 (DVD was released before they took they
>credit)
>
>They took all my iPoints (~1000) - Nothing worth getting anyway
>
>They took my $50 for a loyalty program (got about $12 in savings)
>
>Stuff 'em. Deleted the URL in my favourites. Never, Never again
>
>Lester "not happy" Bangs
>
>btw: It appears DVDImport have brought their outstanding orders

Lester.. Find happiness at DVDPACIFIC for all your DVD ordering needs.

- NewcastleBoy

GDS

"NewcastleBoy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 08:36:51 GMT, "Lester Bangs"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>After buying 150+ DVD's from them I will not buy another..
>>
>>They took my Credit ($30 bucks) 2 days before shipping my last DVD, so
>>they
>>charged me $40 bucks instead of $10 (DVD was released before they took
>>they
>>credit)
>>
>>They took all my iPoints (~1000) - Nothing worth getting anyway
>>
>>They took my $50 for a loyalty program (got about $12 in savings)
>>
>>Stuff 'em. Deleted the URL in my favourites. Never, Never again
>>
>>Lester "not happy" Bangs
>>
>>btw: It appears DVDImport have brought their outstanding orders

> Lester.. Find happiness at DVDPACIFIC for all your DVD ordering needs.

Oooh, they have season 2 of Battlestar G. listed for release on the 20th,
sketchy details though. Anyone know if it's the entire 2nd season or just
disc 1 of said season? I need episode 11 ASAP )

G.

the dog from that film you saw

"Lester Bangs" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:43a3ce22$(E-Mail Removed)...
> After buying 150+ DVD's from them I will not buy another..
>
> They took my Credit ($30 bucks) 2 days before shipping my last DVD, so
> they charged me $40 bucks instead of $10 (DVD was released before they
> took they credit)
>
> They took all my iPoints (~1000) - Nothing worth getting anyway
>
> They took my $50 for a loyalty program (got about $12 in savings)
>
> Stuff 'em. Deleted the URL in my favourites. Never, Never again
>
> Lester "not happy" Bangs
>
> btw: It appears DVDImport have brought their outstanding orders

lol - dvdimport are 10 times worse than dvdsoon ever were at their lowest
low.

--
Gareth.
Goblins are real... your Grandpa Seth is telling you!

maiet

> Lester.. Find happiness at DVDPACIFIC for all your DVD ordering needs.
>
> - NewcastleBoy

hey thanks for the tip dude, just signed up, great prices and shipping to
australia is cheap! gold!

NewcastleBoy

On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 20:38:39 +1100, "maiet" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>hey thanks for the tip dude, just signed up, great prices and shipping to
>australia is cheap! gold!

I am pleased that DVDPACIFIC can be of service to you...

They have faithfully served me for over 2.5 years now.

- NewcastleBoy

Lester Bangs

Hi Newcastle Boy..

I dabbled a little with Pacific over the last few years and they are
Excellent !

DVDSoon were generally "slightly" cheaper (ever so), so I put up with the 10
week deliveries and stock outs.

Not anymore... DVDPacific must be rubbing their hands

Foot note: I ordered Batman LE 2 Disk from DVDPacific, still not shipped (6
weeks after release).
I emailed Pacific and told me another print run was scheduled soon.... I
could of got the R4 version for < $20 now

Cheers Lester Bangs

"NewcastleBoy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 08:36:51 GMT, "Lester Bangs"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>After buying 150+ DVD's from them I will not buy another..
>>
>>They took my Credit ($30 bucks) 2 days before shipping my last DVD, so
>>they
>>charged me $40 bucks instead of $10 (DVD was released before they took
>>they
>>credit)
>>
>>They took all my iPoints (~1000) - Nothing worth getting anyway
>>
>>They took my $50 for a loyalty program (got about $12 in savings)
>>
>>Stuff 'em. Deleted the URL in my favourites. Never, Never again
>>
>>Lester "not happy" Bangs
>>
>>btw: It appears DVDImport have brought their outstanding orders

> Lester.. Find happiness at DVDPACIFIC for all your DVD ordering needs.
>
> - NewcastleBoy

Ian Galbraith

On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 19:39:36 +1030, GDS wrote:

[snip]

> Oooh, they have season 2 of Battlestar G. listed for release on the 20th,
> sketchy details though. Anyone know if it's the entire 2nd season or just
> disc 1 of said season? I need episode 11 ASAP )

It would only be the first 10 episodes that have already screened, the
second 10 of the season screen early 2006.

--
You Can't Stop The Signal

NewcastleBoy

Hi Lester

I have to admit on occasion sometimes a release at DVDPACIFIC can be
delayed or a little late coming in if the product isn't already in
stock. Had to wait a long while for "The Val Lewton Horror Collection"
to arrive in - was about a month. Apparently, the set had a defect and
they were waiting for more copies to arrive from the distributor.
Unfortunately, my copy had defective packaging i.e it came without two
films, so DVDPACIFIC had to sent me replacements after I sent back the
the disc where there were two duplicates. Service wise I've found them
excellent to deal with, with several emails answered within minutes.
I'd rather deal with a company that has excellent customer service
than very poor service and who do not respond to emails. Hopefully
DVDPACIFIC respond to all emails they receive of a legitimate nature.

Concerning your Batman DVD that is very unfortunate.. Sometimes
pricing will be cheaper than disc here.. But, there will always be the
situation where you're better waiting and getting the disc here if it
has a cheaper price and similar extras, and you're aware of it in
advance.

- NewcastleBoy

On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 10:15:11 GMT, "Lester Bangs"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi Newcastle Boy..
>
>I dabbled a little with Pacific over the last few years and they are
>Excellent !
>
>DVDSoon were generally "slightly" cheaper (ever so), so I put up with the 10
>week deliveries and stock outs.
>
>Not anymore... DVDPacific must be rubbing their hands
>
>Foot note: I ordered Batman LE 2 Disk from DVDPacific, still not shipped (6
>weeks after release).
>I emailed Pacific and told me another print run was scheduled soon.... I
>could of got the R4 version for < $20 now
>
>Cheers Lester Bangs

Luke Hooft

"Lester Bangs" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Foot note: I ordered Batman LE 2 Disk from DVDPacific, still not shipped
> (6 weeks after release).
> I emailed Pacific and told me another print run was scheduled soon.... I
> could of got the R4 version for < $20 now

That's due to an issue with the disc itself, I think. AFAIK they stopped
making the version with the mini comic in it and are now releasing a version
with just the 2 discs (like ours). That may be the cause of your problem.

DVDPacific... I've ordered so much stuff from them since I stopped using
DVDSoon - over $1100 since August. It's so damn easy and addictive to buy
from there - easier than popping into a B&M store.

LH