Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > How to convert AVI for use in dvd player?

How to convert AVI for use in dvd player?

madsgormlarsen@gmail.com

Hi

I have a avi file ( mpeg4, yuv420p, 352x272, 29.97 fps, 242 mb ) that I
would like to burn to a regular CD for watching om regular dvd player
(Funai DPVR-5810).

I belive my DVD player is DviX compliant. I borrowed a disk from a
freind - a copy of a dvd movie - and that worked. I belive it was on a
dvd and it was dvix encoded.

I have burned the file to cd's as udf, iso 9690, and normal cd , that
does not work.

Can it be that my dvd can only read mp3 of normal cd, so I will have to
burn it onto a dvd?

Any way of testing what my dvdplayer can do , without risking to reck
it in the proces?

Any suggestions?

Cah

Kenny

If you have a DivX player simply copy the file as data and it should play,
check the specs of it.
Use a CDRW to be sure.
For converting to DVD I use DVD Santa.

--
Kenny Cargill

news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...

madsgormlarsen@gmail.com

Kenny wrote:
> If you have a DivX player simply copy the file as data and it should play,
> check the specs of it.

I have looked at the specs in the manual of my Funai player, it does
not mension Divx. It was a cheap player, is it unlikely that it can
understand DixX. The file is divx5.

> Use a CDRW to be sure.

Can it read cdrw better than cdr, or it it just a matter of being
prudent.

Thanks for the help.

Kenny

If it doesn't say DivX in the specs then it's not a DivX/AVI player. The
AVI file will have to be converted to DVD for playback in an ordinary
player. I use DVD Santa for this but there are many other programs to do
same.
Only reason I said use CDRW is that you can erase and re-use it.

--
Kenny Cargill

news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...