Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Recording audio with a HD/DVD Recorder?

Recording audio with a HD/DVD Recorder?

BrJohan

Is there a DVD Recorder or HD Recorder that also is suited for recording
audio only?

I have a Panasonic HD Recorder that records sound from its audio inputs
without any video signal. However, it is rather difficult to get the audio
transferred to a computer. (I have to dub to DVD-RAM, move the DVD-RAM to
computer (that has a DVD-RAM capable reader), rename the file, rip it with a
dedicated DVD Audio ripping SW)

/BJ

Alpha

"BrJohan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is there a DVD Recorder or HD Recorder that also is suited for recording
> audio only?

No.

GMAN

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, "BrJohan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Is there a DVD Recorder or HD Recorder that also is suited for recording
>audio only?
>
>I have a Panasonic HD Recorder that records sound from its audio inputs
>without any video signal. However, it is rather difficult to get the audio
>transferred to a computer. (I have to dub to DVD-RAM, move the DVD-RAM to
>computer (that has a DVD-RAM capable reader), rename the file, rip it with a
>dedicated DVD Audio ripping SW)
>
>/BJ

Liteon LDW-5045

http://www.liteonamericas.com/us/ce5045.htm

Using standard computer type cdr's and cdrw's, it can record standard redbook
audio cd's.