Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > King King DVD - which poster?

King King DVD - which poster?

janey3white@yahoo.com

For the free mail-in offer of the poster, which poster is it? Can
anyone provide a link to the image or describe it?

One-Shot Scot

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...
> For the free mail-in offer of the poster, which poster is it? Can
> anyone provide a link to the image or describe it?

Well, for one thing, the _Free_ 27" x 40" poster costs $3.25 for shipping
and handling. Next, you will need to deface your outer cardboard DVD cover
sleeve by cutting out the UPC label.

The poster is exactly the same as the cover art depicted on both the special
edition and the collector's edition DVD cases.

Take out the Two-Disk Collector's Edition wording along with the DVD logo in
the lower right hand corner and the poster looks exactly like this:

http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_ite...d=742136&tab=5

Oh, by the way, you must wait 8 to 10 weeks for the poster to arrive and
Warner may substitute a different poster which may or may not be Kong
related. Or they may decide you didn't _strictly_ comply with the offer and
throw your poster submission in the trash.

Bratboy

Pretty standard operating proceedure to charge the shipping. Same sort of
fee was charged to get the 3 LotR movies keepcase. As for 6-8 weeks thats
really pretty common as well. Many times, in those situations, Ive gotten
whatever the goodie was in much less time but if companies dont use the
disclaimer then someone will surely call 2 days after sending in for it
screaming "Where's my Poster", hehe. Oh and as far as the cardboard sleeve I
have found very very few that say something important other than same info
as on the keepcase. I do save the slips in case I decide to sell something
but otherwise I store then in a box. They seem slim but actually they take
up space unnessisarily. Try an experiment....take off some of the sleeves
and stack em together flat. Then can see how much space a cpl slips can eat
up

janey3white@yahoo.com

Thanks!

jayembee

"One-Shot Scot" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Well, for one thing, the _Free_ 27" x 40" poster costs $3.25 for shipping
> and handling.

Why is this worth mentioning? I've yet to come across a "free" offer
that didn't require money to be sent for P&H.

> Next, you will need to deface your outer cardboard DVD cover
> sleeve by cutting out the UPC label.

If you have the "collectible tin" edition, you can use the paper repro of
the back of the slipcase that was attached to the back of the tin. The
UPC is exactly the same as on the cardboard slipcase.

> Oh, by the way, you must wait 8 to 10 weeks for the poster to arrive

Pretty standard.

> and Warner may substitute a different poster which may or may not
> be Kong related. Or they may decide you didn't _strictly_ comply
> with the offer and throw your poster submission in the trash.

Standard legal mumbo-jumbo.

-- jayembee