Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Another confused newbie

Another confused newbie

wood.nigel@gmail.com

OK So I buy a Sony Vaio with DVD RW and the following media software
loaded: -

Windows Media Player Vs10

Sonic Roxio
Module Name: Roxio DigitalMedia SE
Build: 2.3.5a
Module Name: PX Engine
Build: 2.4.35a, 55
Module Name: Roxio DigitalMedia Audio
Version: 2.0.2
Build: 203B12I, SNV
Module Name: Roxio DigitalMedia Data
Version: 2.0.2
Build: 203B13H, SNV
Module Name: Launch Backup
Build: 203B13H, SNV
Module Name: Roxio DigitalMedia Copy
Version: 2.0.2
Build: 203B14I, SNV

Sonic Click to DVD 2.4.10

Sonic Stage Vs 3.2

Sonic Stage Mastering Studio

DVgate Plus Vs 2.1

Intervideo WinDVD for Vaio

XviD-1.0.3-20122004 (I downloaded this)

I also downloaded Emule V 0.46c and started to download movies etc.

Now I want to burn these movies onto Imation DVD-RW 4x disks with the
correct format.

My problem is twofold: -
I dont know how (given the software that I have) to convert AVI / MPEG
etc..........movie files downloaded from emule into the correct format
for use on a normal DVD player.
AND
I dont know how or which software to use to burn the movies with the
correct format onto the disks.

I have been battling along with this all day and now I have had enough.
I hate being this stupid about these things but please if anyone can
help or advise I would be most grateful.

Rgds

Baz

> I also downloaded Emule V 0.46c and started to download movies etc.
>
> Now I want to burn these movies onto Imation DVD-RW 4x disks with the
> correct format.
>
> My problem is twofold: -
> I dont know how (given the software that I have) to convert AVI / MPEG
> etc..........movie files downloaded from emule into the correct format
> for use on a normal DVD player.
> AND
> I dont know how or which software to use to burn the movies with the
> correct format onto the disks.
>
> I have been battling along with this all day and now I have had enough.
> I hate being this stupid about these things but please if anyone can
> help or advise I would be most grateful.
>
> Rgds

http://www.vso-software.fr/download.php
Divx2DVD