Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Compare Online DVD Rental Stores

Compare Online DVD Rental Stores

nt

Greta xxx

nt wrote:

I find this one better for UK free DVD trials, it's updated regularly-

http://www.rabid.oneuk.com/dvd.html

A maet told me that the Sainsbury 30 day offer doesn't check your
address properly, so you can spell it differently and get multiple free
offer periods......I tried it and it works!!! Miss out your postcode
and put "Two" instead of "2" as your house number and you get ane xtra
30 days free rentals, 3 at a time!!!!!

Greta
xxxxx

nt

I think in the U.S., rental stores like Netflix, Blockbuster, etc...
also match free trial subscribers by credit card information.

So, people can try to use different address but if they use the same
credit card, it won't work.

n.t.

Bob

On 17 Nov 2005 18:21:27 -0800, "nt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I think in the U.S., rental stores like Netflix, Blockbuster, etc...
>also match free trial subscribers by credit card information.
>
>So, people can try to use different address but if they use the same
>credit card, it won't work.

It's a combination of street address digits and the last 4 digits of
the credit card number. That is a sufficiently unique combination to
identify you. I discussed this with both Netflix and Blockbuster -
they both use to identify you on the phone - and they told me they
have never had a collision with another person's identity.

The use of the term "collision" will be understood by those familiar
with hash codes.

--

BOYCOTT SONY!

SONY IS TRYING TO TAKE OVER YOUR COMPUTER!

HOMELAND SECURITY TOLD SONY TO CEASE AND DESIST!

YOU DO THE SAME - BOYCOTT SONY!