Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > MovieFactory 4 broken again

Reply
Thread Tools

MovieFactory 4 broken again

 
 
Bob
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-13-2005
I have a small (4 minute) mpg clip from an uncopyrighted music video.
It plays OK in WinDVD, and also plays fine after resizing it with
VideoReDo.

I import it into MF4. From the moment I click on the file name, MF4
slows to a crawl - pins the CPU at 100% and grabs about 100MB of RAM.
I checked MF4 with another import and it works just fine. It is this
particular clip that causes it great stress.

After several minutes the import is complete and the first frame shows
up in the preview window on the right. But this first frame does not
show up in the menu box at the bottom left.

Then I invoke Enhanced Video so I can put Text title on the menu
frame. The first frame disappears from the right-side preview window -
all I have now is a blank window. So I put the title in the window
anyway and click OK which once again takes MF4 a very long time to
return to the previous dialog window.

Then I Export the clip which renders it in advance for later use in
final composition. After about 8 minutes it completes the rendering.
But the exported clip is empty when I play it in WinDVD. Also it is
greatly shrunk in size which I suppose explains why it appears empty.
When I try to import it in VideoReDo it says it cannot open it.

What the frell is going on here?


--

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!"
--Ben Franklin

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Impmon
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-13-2005
On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 13:56:21 GMT, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Bob) wrote:

>What the frell is going on here?


Movie Factory 4 is what's going on. Some reviews on this program
contains a fair amount of negative complaint and a few choice words.

Simply put, MF4 is a big resource hog, somewhat buggy, and not even
worth buying at all.
--
When you hear the toilet flush, and hear the words "uh oh", it's already
too late. - by anonymous Mother in Austin, TX
Spam block in place, no emil reply is expected at all.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Bob
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-13-2005
On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 13:11:33 -0500, Impmon <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Movie Factory 4 is what's going on. Some reviews on this program
>contains a fair amount of negative complaint and a few choice words.


I have been saying the same thing for months but the top-posting twits
come along and try to discredit what I am saying.

>Simply put, MF4 is a big resource hog, somewhat buggy


Somewhat? LOL

How does it manage to render some MPGs correctly, screw up the audio
sync in others, and complete destroy the rest?

I ran that MPG thru VideoReDo, which is supposed to fix MF4 problems,
yet it did not help at all. Another buggy DVD application.

>and not even worth buying at all.


Then who are they selling their crap to other than top-posters?


--

BOYCOTT SONY!

SONY IS TRYING TO TAKE OVER YOUR COMPUTER!

HOMELAND SECURITY TOLD SONY TO CEASE AND DESIST!

YOU DO THE SAME - BOYCOTT SONY!

 
Reply With Quote
 
Mark Burns
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-13-2005
Go to their website and submit your clip. They have been very good in
the past at correcting things like this.

BTW, what version are you using?

I have seen this before with mpegs that I did not capture. I believe
that it was a CBR mpeg, not a VBR.

There are different issues with different mpegs from different capture
sources. I have never seen a problem with my captures though.

Cheers...

 
Reply With Quote
 
Mark Burns
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-13-2005
Addendum...

btw, You don't mention the version of VRD that you are using.

There is an option in both VideoRedo Classic and VideoRedo Plus in the
Tools section for Movie Factory output. Has that been checked?

Cheers...

 
Reply With Quote
 
Bob
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-13-2005
On 13 Nov 2005 11:03:10 -0800, "Mark Burns" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Go to their website and submit your clip. They have been very good in
>the past at correcting things like this.


I have tried that before. All I got was a fingerwagging about
copyright infringement.

I volunteered to become a beta test site. They did not even respond.

>BTW, what version are you using?


The latest. I got the patch from the website.

>I have seen this before with mpegs that I did not capture. I believe
>that it was a CBR mpeg, not a VBR.


What does that mean? The original came from a DVD and the clip runs in
WinDVD and VideoReDo.

>There are different issues with different mpegs from different capture
>sources.


I tried capturing it with VideoReDo. It still screwed up in MF4.

There is something in the mpg that causes MF4 to go into a blank stare
- like a very large loop.

> I have never seen a problem with my captures though.


Neither have I, but there's always a first time for anything.


--

BOYCOTT SONY!

SONY IS TRYING TO TAKE OVER YOUR COMPUTER!

HOMELAND SECURITY TOLD SONY TO CEASE AND DESIST!

YOU DO THE SAME - BOYCOTT SONY!

 
Reply With Quote
 
Bob
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-13-2005
On 13 Nov 2005 11:11:31 -0800, "Mark Burns" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>btw, You don't mention the version of VRD that you are using.


VRD Plus.

>There is an option in both VideoRedo Classic and VideoRedo Plus in the
>Tools section for Movie Factory output. Has that been checked?


Of course it has been checked.


--

BOYCOTT SONY!

SONY IS TRYING TO TAKE OVER YOUR COMPUTER!

HOMELAND SECURITY TOLD SONY TO CEASE AND DESIST!

YOU DO THE SAME - BOYCOTT SONY!

 
Reply With Quote
 
Jeff Rife
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-13-2005
Bob ((E-Mail Removed)) wrote in alt.video.dvd:
> On 13 Nov 2005 11:03:10 -0800, "Mark Burns" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> >Go to their website and submit your clip. They have been very good in
> >the past at correcting things like this.

>
> I have tried that before. All I got was a fingerwagging about
> copyright infringement.


Not from the VideoReDo people, you didn't, and that's where you should have
sent your clip. They are great at figuring out what to have their app do
so that other apps will be happy...usually, this means that VRD must emit
non-compliant MPEG-2 for these special cases, but they are all controlled
by options, so it's no big deal.

--
Jeff Rife |
| http://www.nabs.net/Cartoons/ArloNJa...othesHorse.gif
 
Reply With Quote
 
Bob
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-14-2005
On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 18:09:31 -0500, Jeff Rife <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> >Go to their website and submit your clip. They have been very good in
>> >the past at correcting things like this.


>> I have tried that before. All I got was a fingerwagging about
>> copyright infringement.


>Not from the VideoReDo people, you didn't, and that's where you should have
>sent your clip. They are great at figuring out what to have their app do
>so that other apps will be happy...usually, this means that VRD must emit
>non-compliant MPEG-2 for these special cases, but they are all controlled
>by options, so it's no big deal.


I also offered to become a beta test site for VideoReDo, but the
person who responded would not offer me a free copy of the application
in return for my contributions. So I have this collection of bugs that
he will not know about from me.

So please spare be the bullshit about how "happy" they are to "help
people". LOL.


--

BOYCOTT SONY!

SONY IS TRYING TO TAKE OVER YOUR COMPUTER!

HOMELAND SECURITY TOLD SONY TO CEASE AND DESIST!

YOU DO THE SAME - BOYCOTT SONY!

 
Reply With Quote
 
Ken Maltby
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-14-2005

"Bob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 13 Nov 2005 11:11:31 -0800, "Mark Burns" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>btw, You don't mention the version of VRD that you are using.

>
> VRD Plus.
>
>>There is an option in both VideoRedo Classic and VideoRedo Plus in the
>>Tools section for Movie Factory output. Has that been checked?

>
> Of course it has been checked.
>


Have you tried "unchecking" it? The option was originally put
in to address Movie Factory 2. Perhaps it is not needed for MF4.
The help mentions that you can uncheck it on a case by case basis.

This particular file seems to be especially hard to work with, right?
Could you let us know what "Video Program Information" under
the "Tools" tab in VideoReDo, says about that file? By the way
what is shown on the "Select Stream" page?

Luck;
Ken


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why are "broken iterators" broken? Steven D'Aprano Python 8 09-28-2008 09:19 PM
Re: Why are "broken iterators" broken? Fredrik Lundh Python 0 09-22-2008 04:32 PM
Re: Why are "broken iterators" broken? Cameron Simpson Python 0 09-22-2008 04:32 AM
MovieFactory 5: is it possible to create a VOB file? URGENT!! ijones@iTOGLIinterfree.it DVD Video 0 07-09-2006 08:44 AM
Better Ulead DVD MovieFactory or Sonic DVDit! Pro? Fogar DVD Video 1 01-07-2006 08:11 PM



Advertisments