Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > DVD Slideshow help

DVD Slideshow help

QuickHare

Hi.

I have quite a few photos. Ok, a lot. I wish to create a slideshow on a DVD of
them which will play as a DVD (not a VCD). Now I have two options, I think. The
first is to create a movie file which is burned onto a DVD in the usual way.
This is simple to do and I can achieve this easily.

The second is one I'd prefer. I want to somehow get the photos onto the disc as
files and use a bit of DVD software-type thing to show the photos sequentially
using the left and right buttons on the remote control. I know most DVD players
can show photo files by dropping JPEGs onto a data disc and simply popping that
in, but I want to use a 'program' to do this for all players.

It's the type of thing you see when you go into a photo gallery or production
photos on your extras disc on a popular movie DVD, so I know it is possible.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

---
QuickHare

Large Farva

I use Sonic MyDVD for that. It's not the best DVD authoring program there
is, but I love the way it does slideshows.

"QuickHare" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Qytdf.23374$(E-Mail Removed) k...
> Hi.
>
> I have quite a few photos. Ok, a lot. I wish to create a slideshow on a
> DVD of them which will play as a DVD (not a VCD). Now I have two options,
> I think. The first is to create a movie file which is burned onto a DVD in
> the usual way. This is simple to do and I can achieve this easily.
>
> The second is one I'd prefer. I want to somehow get the photos onto the
> disc as files and use a bit of DVD software-type thing to show the photos
> sequentially using the left and right buttons on the remote control. I
> know most DVD players can show photo files by dropping JPEGs onto a data
> disc and simply popping that in, but I want to use a 'program' to do this
> for all players.
>
> It's the type of thing you see when you go into a photo gallery or
> production photos on your extras disc on a popular movie DVD, so I know it
> is possible.
>
> Anyone have any thoughts on this?
>
> ---
> QuickHare

Colin Wilson

> It's the type of thing you see when you go into a photo gallery or production
> photos on your extras disc on a popular movie DVD, so I know it is possible.
> Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I had a play at this myself a few weeks ago and failed miserably - I
think, in essence, you set up each image you want to view as a
seperate menu - and the forward / back buttons take you to the next
(or previous) menu.

--
Please add the word "newsgroup" in the subject line of personal emails
**** My email address includes "ngspamtrap" and "@btinternet.com" ****

Alpha

"QuickHare" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Qytdf.23374$(E-Mail Removed) k...
> Hi.
>
> I have quite a few photos. Ok, a lot. I wish to create a slideshow on a
> DVD of them which will play as a DVD (not a VCD). Now I have two options,
> I think. The first is to create a movie file which is burned onto a DVD in
> the usual way. This is simple to do and I can achieve this easily.
>
> The second is one I'd prefer. I want to somehow get the photos onto the
> disc as files and use a bit of DVD software-type thing to show the photos
> sequentially using the left and right buttons on the remote control. I
> know most DVD players can show photo files by dropping JPEGs onto a data
> disc and simply popping that in, but I want to use a 'program' to do this
> for all players.
>
> It's the type of thing you see when you go into a photo gallery or
> production photos on your extras disc on a popular movie DVD, so I know it
> is possible.
>
> Anyone have any thoughts on this?
>
> ---
> QuickHare

Slideshow capabilities are in MovieFactory 4, Nero 7, DVDit....to name a
few.

Jim Hughes

Good Evening ...

.... I use ProShow Gold, by Photodex. Here is a link:
http://www.photodex.com/downloads/trials.html

.... get the ProShow Gold Version 2.5 Trial

.... take a look at http://photodex.com/ under the Show Spotlight category.

.... easy to use, lots of capabilities ...

Good Hunting.
Jim Hughes
*******************************

"QuickHare" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Qytdf.23374$(E-Mail Removed) k...
> Hi.
>
> I have quite a few photos. Ok, a lot. I wish to create a slideshow on a
> DVD of them which will play as a DVD (not a VCD). Now I have two options,
> I think. The first is to create a movie file which is burned onto a DVD in
> the usual way. This is simple to do and I can achieve this easily.
>
> The second is one I'd prefer. I want to somehow get the photos onto the
> disc as files and use a bit of DVD software-type thing to show the photos
> sequentially using the left and right buttons on the remote control. I
> know most DVD players can show photo files by dropping JPEGs onto a data
> disc and simply popping that in, but I want to use a 'program' to do this
> for all players.
>
> It's the type of thing you see when you go into a photo gallery or
> production photos on your extras disc on a popular movie DVD, so I know it
> is possible.
>
> Anyone have any thoughts on this?
>
> ---
> QuickHare

Cathy De Viney

ProShow Gold or Ulead DVD PictureShow ( www.ulead.com ) 30 day free trial.

"QuickHare" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Qytdf.23374$(E-Mail Removed) k...
> Hi.
>
> I have quite a few photos. Ok, a lot. I wish to create a slideshow on a
> DVD of them which will play as a DVD (not a VCD). Now I have two options,
> I think. The first is to create a movie file which is burned onto a DVD in
> the usual way. This is simple to do and I can achieve this easily.
>
> The second is one I'd prefer. I want to somehow get the photos onto the
> disc as files and use a bit of DVD software-type thing to show the photos
> sequentially using the left and right buttons on the remote control. I
> know most DVD players can show photo files by dropping JPEGs onto a data
> disc and simply popping that in, but I want to use a 'program' to do this
> for all players.
>
> It's the type of thing you see when you go into a photo gallery or
> production photos on your extras disc on a popular movie DVD, so I know it
> is possible.
>
> Anyone have any thoughts on this?
>
> ---
> QuickHare

The Wizard of Oz

On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 21:57:04 +0000, QuickHare wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I have quite a few photos. Ok, a lot. I wish to create a slideshow on a DVD of
> them which will play as a DVD (not a VCD). Now I have two options, I think. The
> first is to create a movie file which is burned onto a DVD in the usual way.
> This is simple to do and I can achieve this easily.

You should specify what operating system you are going to be using. As
you can see most people assume you are running M$. The capability also
exists for the Mac and Linux/BSD. In fact there was a link posted here a
couple of months back by someone who created a slideshow DVD under Linux.
You should be able to find the information under Google Groups.

FYI, a slideshow DVD has a different specification than a video or data
DVD. Both methods you describe should work. A VOB file with only one
frame... Interesting.

Later
Mike

Charles Murtaugh

HI,
went through the same thing with my recent
purchase of a Gateway muti media computer
in recent weeks.I ran across a link somewhere
for Microsoft's photo story and I love it.The
software is free and to put the slide show on DVD you need to by a plug in
from sonic for about 20 dollars.Has built in music choices or do your
own,zoom a selection of transitions.
300 picture limit to a show.