Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > I count 9 TV series DVDs coming next week

I count 9 TV series DVDs coming next week

Goro

I think we may be reaching maximum density for TV shows now. I used to
buy alot of the tv series that i wanted to watch/have, but now, there's
just too much and so I just wait for stuff I really have been desperate
for (where's NEWSRADIO s3?)

Fantasy Island,
Murder One
Friends complete
Charmed
Golden Girls
Scrubs
SG:Atlantis
70s Show
3s Company

tabernacle2002@hotmail.com

Goro wrote:
> I think we may be reaching maximum density for TV shows now. I used to
> buy alot of the tv series that i wanted to watch/have, but now, there's
> just too much and so I just wait for stuff I really have been desperate
> for (where's NEWSRADIO s3?)
>
> Fantasy Island,
> Murder One
> Friends complete
> Charmed
> Golden Girls
> Scrubs
> SG:Atlantis
> 70s Show
> 3s Company

And yet with all these TV shows showing up the one I really want to see
come out "I Dream of Jeanie"is nowhere to be seen.

Derek Janssen

>>I think we may be reaching maximum density for TV shows now. I used to
>>buy alot of the tv series that i wanted to watch/have, but now, there's
>>just too much and so I just wait for stuff I really have been desperate
>>for (where's NEWSRADIO s3?)
>>
>>Fantasy Island,
>>Murder One
>>Friends complete
>>Charmed
>>Golden Girls
>>Scrubs
>>SG:Atlantis
>>70s Show
>>3s Company

> And yet with all these TV shows showing up the one I really want to see
> come out "I Dream of Jeanie"is nowhere to be seen.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=4362

Derek Janssen (but, they'll probably wait for the tie-in movie anyway)
(E-Mail Removed)

Stan Brown

Fri, 04 Nov 2005 18:12:55 -0500 from Derek Janssen
<(E-Mail Removed)>:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> >
> >> I just wait for stuff I really have been desperate
> >>for (where's NEWSRADIO s3?)

Hell, where's /Barney Miller/ season 2?

http://OakRoadSystems.com/

SRT

"Stan Brown" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) t...
> Fri, 04 Nov 2005 18:12:55 -0500 from Derek Janssen
> <(E-Mail Removed)>:

> Hell, where's /Barney Miller/ season 2?

??where's "WKRP in Cincinnati"??

Jim Reid

>>??where's "WKRP in Cincinnati"??<<

I'm guessing there may be a lot of music rights problems with WKRP. I
know that they changed a lot of music when it was syndicated.

tabernacle2002@hotmail.com

Thanks Derek, at least I now know it is only a matter of When IDOJ will
showup on the store shelf now and not IF it will anylonger!

Mike

There's an ad for the upcoming I dream Of Jeannie season 1 on the second
season Bewitched set.

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> Goro wrote:
> > I think we may be reaching maximum density for TV shows now. I used to
> > buy alot of the tv series that i wanted to watch/have, but now, there's
> > just too much and so I just wait for stuff I really have been desperate
> > for (where's NEWSRADIO s3?)
> >
> > Fantasy Island,
> > Murder One
> > Friends complete
> > Charmed
> > Golden Girls
> > Scrubs
> > SG:Atlantis
> > 70s Show
> > 3s Company

> And yet with all these TV shows showing up the one I really want to see
> come out "I Dream of Jeanie"is nowhere to be seen.

SRT

"Jim Reid" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>>>??where's "WKRP in Cincinnati"??<<

> I'm guessing there may be a lot of music rights problems with WKRP. I
> know that they changed a lot of music when it was syndicated.

Yeah, I know that's the popular theory. But I have to wonder since these
days all the music, movie, media companies, etc, are mostly owned by a
handful of major, mega-conglomerate, corporations. So one major corporation
conceivably could own the majority of film and music rights through all the
mergers, takeovers, buyouts, etc, it has undergone over the years.

srt

Jim Reid

> I'm guessing there may be a lot of music rights problems with WKRP. I
> know that they changed a lot of music when it was syndicated.

>>Yeah, I know that's the popular theory. But I have to wonder since these

days all the music, movie, media companies, etc, are mostly owned by a
handful of major, mega-conglomerate, corporations. So one major
corporation
conceivably could own the majority of film and music rights through all
the
mergers, takeovers, buyouts, etc, it has undergone over the years.<<

You're right when it comes to many types of music, but when modern
popular music is used, such as in WKRP, Fast TImes at Ridgemont High
and others, the conglomerates are pretty much at the mercy of the
artist.

When Universal made Mask, they had wanted to use Bruce Springsteen
music, but couldn't work things out with Springsteen.

I'm not sure what kind of deal MTM had made on music rights when
originally producing WKRP, but it didn't include video release rights
or the rights to use the music in syndication. There's an episode where
the punch line to the show is Venus playing the song "Thank Heaven for
Little Girls". In syndication he plays The Carpenters song "Close to
You" which makes no sense especially since Venus is shown holding the
album cover for the Gigi soundtrack.