Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Which DVD has the most editions?

Which DVD has the most editions?

Rich

Evil Dead 1 or 2?

NunYa Bidness

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 19:59:49 -0500, Rich <(E-Mail Removed)> Gave us:

>Evil Dead 1 or 2?

Damn.I thought it was a "which has the most" period.

Blade Runner has a lot. I'm sure that LOTR has quite a few though.
Probably more.

Those you are referring to? I dunno.

William Oertell

There's a whole bunch of Independence Day versions out. Gotta be five or
more.

Jordan

Blade Runner technically only has one release. There's a collectors box
set, but it's the exact same disc as the regular edition.

The Evil Dead flicks are close to the top, but I'd also suggest Night
of the Living Dead. The release rights are apparently a mess on those
and everyone and their cousin has released a set.

Night of the Living Dead Milennium Edition: (the one to get)
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...s=dvd&n=507846

Night of the Living Dead:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...s=dvd&n=507846

Night of the Living Dead Colorized/Black and White:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...s=dvd&n=507846

Night of the Living Dead Special Collectors Edition:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...s=dvd&n=507846

Night of the Living Dead:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...s=dvd&n=507846

Night of the Living Dead 30th Anniversary Limited Edition:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...s=dvd&n=507846

Night of the Living Dead Survivor's Cut:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...s=dvd&n=507846

Allan

On Tue, 01 Nov 2005 01:03:49 GMT, NunYa Bidness
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>Evil Dead 1 or 2?

> Blade Runner has a lot.

Yeah one is a lot....

- Neil Stephenson, _Cryptonomicon_

Rich

On 31 Oct 2005 18:06:23 -0800, "Jordan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Blade Runner technically only has one release. There's a collectors box
>set, but it's the exact same disc as the regular edition.
>
>The Evil Dead flicks are close to the top, but I'd also suggest Night
>of the Living Dead. The release rights are apparently a mess on those
>and everyone and their cousin has released a set.
>
>Night of the Living Dead Milennium Edition: (the one to get)
>http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...s=dvd&n=507846
>
>Night of the Living Dead:
>http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...s=dvd&n=507846
>
>Night of the Living Dead Colorized/Black and White:
>http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...s=dvd&n=507846
>
>Night of the Living Dead Special Collectors Edition:
>http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...s=dvd&n=507846
>
>Night of the Living Dead:
>http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...s=dvd&n=507846
>
>Night of the Living Dead 30th Anniversary Limited Edition:
>http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...s=dvd&n=507846
>
>Night of the Living Dead Survivor's Cut:
>http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...s=dvd&n=507846

Does this include the crummy, hole-in-the-wall companies who released
it too?
-Rich

karlpov

If you're talking about editions available in R1, it's probably
something in the public domain like 'Charade', or the silent Lon
Chaney 'Phantom of the Opera'. The 'Evil Dead' titles might have the
greatest number of editions from the same publisher (Anchor Bay, I
believe).

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 19:59:49 -0500, Rich <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Evil Dead 1 or 2?

Biz

"Jordan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Blade Runner technically only has one release. There's a collectors box
> set, but it's the exact same disc as the regular edition.
>
> The Evil Dead flicks are close to the top, but I'd also suggest Night
> of the Living Dead. The release rights are apparently a mess on those
> and everyone and their cousin has released a set.

I was gonna guess The Evil Dead releases as Jordan alludes to....

NunYa Bidness

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 22:25:52 -0500, Allan
<Spamstillsucks@buffyandkantica22arestillbrianlamb .org> Gave us:

>On Tue, 01 Nov 2005 01:03:49 GMT, NunYa Bidness
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>>Evil Dead 1 or 2?

>> Blade Runner has a lot.

>Yeah one is a lot....

You're an idiot.

anthony

The Wizard of Oz has now had three totally different transfers in
Region One -- one under the MGM moniker, and two under Warner Brothers.
Of course there's been a whole lot more different editions for
marketing purposes, but I'm talking here about absolutely different
transfers for DVD of the same movie, made by the same company (since
MGM and Warner were really just different DVD house-tags for the Turner
film property).