Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > An AC3 file of Dark side of the moon?

An AC3 file of Dark side of the moon?

Bratboy

Sorry if already asked & answered but whats the easiest way to make such a
file or does one already exist? I want to try and make a home DVD of the new
OZ and include DSotM as the audio track.

Jeff Rife

Bratboy ((E-Mail Removed)) wrote in alt.video.dvd:
> Sorry if already asked & answered but whats the easiest way to make such a
> file or does one already exist? I want to try and make a home DVD of the new
> OZ and include DSotM as the audio track.

Most DVD authoring programs will encode to 2-channel AC3 using built-in
software, so all you need to do is rip the CD into a WAV file, and feed
that as input to the authoring program.

Other than that, try the techniques described at the following links:
http://www.doom9.org/audio-guides.htm
http://www.videohelp.com/convert#4;15

--
Jeff Rife | "You may find this strange, but I think body
| piercing is a good thing. It gives us a
| quick way to tell that people ain't right,
| just by lookin' at 'em."
| -- Hank Hill, "King of the Hill"

Biz

If there is a DVD-A version of DSOTM, you could rip the DD 5.1 track from
it....otherwise, its quite trivial to take an audio CD and make a DD2.0
track out of it...

"Bratboy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4363bec4$0$6403$(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Sorry if already asked & answered but whats the easiest way to make such a
> file or does one already exist? I want to try and make a home DVD of the

new
> OZ and include DSotM as the audio track.

Bernie Woodham

"Biz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:2dV8f.3941$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> If there is a DVD-A version of DSOTM, you could rip the DD 5.1 track from
> it....otherwise, its quite trivial to take an audio CD and make a DD2.0
> track out of it...

What about the size of the file? If you didn't make it (at least) DD2.0,
the file size would be huge, wouldn't it?

Jeff Rife

Bernie Woodham ((E-Mail Removed)) wrote in alt.video.dvd:
> > If there is a DVD-A version of DSOTM, you could rip the DD 5.1 track from
> > it....otherwise, its quite trivial to take an audio CD and make a DD2.0
> > track out of it...
> >

> What about the size of the file? If you didn't make it (at least) DD2.0,
> the file size would be huge, wouldn't it?

226MB for 44kHz, 16-bit uncompressed wave files of DSotM. That's nothing
compared to the over 6GB for the ripped DVD movie files.

--
Jeff Rife |
| http://www.nabs.net/Cartoons/OverThe...owInternet.jpg

TB

"Jeff Rife" wrote:

> Bernie Woodham ((E-Mail Removed)) wrote in alt.video.dvd:
>> > If there is a DVD-A version of DSOTM, you could rip the DD 5.1 track
>> > from
>> > it....otherwise, its quite trivial to take an audio CD and make a DD2.0
>> > track out of it...
>> >

>> What about the size of the file? If you didn't make it (at least) DD2.0,
>> the file size would be huge, wouldn't it?

> 226MB for 44kHz, 16-bit uncompressed wave files of DSotM. That's nothing
> compared to the over 6GB for the ripped DVD movie files.

Is there a site that explains exactly when the DSotM music should exactly
cue up to what scene for this whole thing to be effective?

T.B.

Tarkus

On 11/1/2005 5:58:08 PM, TB wrote:

> Is there a site that explains exactly when the DSotM music should
> exactly cue up to what scene for this whole thing to be effective?

As I recall, it needs to start immediately after the MGM lion roars. I'm
sure you can find definitive instructions on Google, though.
--
"If words were cherry stems, my tongue would be in Sherilyn Fenn's
mouth."

Now playing: "Black Sabbath - Symptom of the Universe"

AC3 Dolby PC Question Use.Netuser.ntl Computer Support 3 08-04-2005 07:04 AM
Test AC3 setup Usenet Computer Support 0 06-22-2005 10:20 PM
Divx n ac3 wwyyzz Computer Support 2 05-16-2005 10:43 AM
Convert AC3 to MP3 Arild Computer Support 1 12-28-2004 09:07 PM
Media Player 9 Audio Codec AC3 Anonymous Computer Support 2 11-15-2003 04:16 PM

Advertisments