Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Studio Ghibli and Turner Classic Movies

Studio Ghibli and Turner Classic Movies

kaboom

**I found this at nausicaa.com and thought some of you might find it
interesting:

<<Turner Classic Movies will air nine Studio Ghibli films in January
2006 according to ICv2.

The films will air each Thursday between 8:00pm and midnight.

http://turnerclassicmovies.com/Schedule/Print/1,,01-2006|0,00.html

(all times Eastern)
Thursday Jan 5
8pm Spirited Away
10:15pm Princess Mononoke
1am (Friday) Spirited Away
3:15am (Friday) Princess Mononoke

Thursday Jan 12
8pm Nausicaa
10pm Castle in the Sky
12:15am (Friday) Nausicaa
2:15 am (Friday) Castle in the Sky

Thursday Jan 19
8pm My Neighbor Totoro (new Disney dub)
9:30pm Porco Rosso
11:15pm Whisper of the Heart (first wide showing of English dub)
1:15am (Friday) My Neighbor Totoro
2:45am (Friday) Porco Rosso
4:30am (Friday) Whisper of the Heart

Thursday Jan 26
8pm Only Yesterday (subtitled)
10:15pm Pom Poko
12:30am (Friday) Only Yesterday (subtitled)
2:45am (Friday) Pom Poko

TCM airs all films in their original aspect ratio and does not insert
commercials.

Thanks to Christopher See for the update.>>

This is interesting to me because of Whisper of the Heart and Only
Yesterday which I've never seen and I'm not sure if they're going to
pop up on DVD in the future.

kaboomie

Goro

kaboom wrote:
> **I found this at nausicaa.com and thought some of you might find it
> interesting:
>
> ================================================== ==
>
> <<Turner Classic Movies will air nine Studio Ghibli films in January
> 2006 according to ICv2.
>
> The films will air each Thursday between 8:00pm and midnight.
>
> http://turnerclassicmovies.com/Schedule/Print/1,,01-2006|0,00.html
>
> (all times Eastern)
> Thursday Jan 5
> 8pm Spirited Away
> 10:15pm Princess Mononoke
> 1am (Friday) Spirited Away
> 3:15am (Friday) Princess Mononoke
>
> Thursday Jan 12
> 8pm Nausicaa
> 10pm Castle in the Sky
> 12:15am (Friday) Nausicaa
> 2:15 am (Friday) Castle in the Sky
>
> Thursday Jan 19
> 8pm My Neighbor Totoro (new Disney dub)
> 9:30pm Porco Rosso
> 11:15pm Whisper of the Heart (first wide showing of English dub)
> 1:15am (Friday) My Neighbor Totoro
> 2:45am (Friday) Porco Rosso
> 4:30am (Friday) Whisper of the Heart
>
> Thursday Jan 26
> 8pm Only Yesterday (subtitled)
> 10:15pm Pom Poko
> 12:30am (Friday) Only Yesterday (subtitled)
> 2:45am (Friday) Pom Poko
>
> TCM airs all films in their original aspect ratio and does not insert
> commercials.
>
> Thanks to Christopher See for the update.>>
>
> This is interesting to me because of Whisper of the Heart and Only
> Yesterday which I've never seen and I'm not sure if they're going to
> pop up on DVD in the future.
>
> kaboomie

This is pretty cool and interesting.

I'm surprised that Disney Channel or ABCFam or some such didn't get
them, instead sellling them (tv rights) to Warner.

ONLY YESTERDAY is one of my faves.

-goro-

Impmon

On 27 Oct 2005 15:43:16 -0700, "Goro" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I'm surprised that Disney Channel or ABCFam or some such didn't get
>them, instead sellling them (tv rights) to Warner.

Well, which Disney channel would be appropierate for those movies?
There's a similiar thread on this last week and basically TCM seems to
be better suited for these movies than any of Disney owned stations.

Derek Janssen

Goro wrote:

>><<Turner Classic Movies will air nine Studio Ghibli films in January
>>2006 according to ICv2.
>>
>>http://turnerclassicmovies.com/Schedule/Print/1,,01-2006|0,00.html
>>
>>Thursday Jan 19
>>8pm My Neighbor Totoro (new Disney dub)
>>9:30pm Porco Rosso
>>11:15pm Whisper of the Heart (first wide showing of English dub)
>>1:15am (Friday) My Neighbor Totoro
>>2:45am (Friday) Porco Rosso
>>4:30am (Friday) Whisper of the Heart
>>
>>Thursday Jan 26
>>8pm Only Yesterday (subtitled)
>>10:15pm Pom Poko
>>12:30am (Friday) Only Yesterday (subtitled)
>>2:45am (Friday) Pom Poko
>>
>>TCM airs all films in their original aspect ratio and does not insert
>>commercials.
>>
>>This is interesting to me because of Whisper of the Heart and Only
>>Yesterday which I've never seen and I'm not sure if they're going to
>>pop up on DVD in the future.

> This is pretty cool and interesting.
>
> I'm surprised that Disney Channel or ABCFam or some such didn't get
> them, instead sellling them (tv rights) to Warner.

(If Raven Symone or the Mowry Twins aren't in it, cable-Disney has NO
interest...)

> ONLY YESTERDAY is one of my faves.

Also, more to the point, there're no Disney DVD plans for "Yesterday",
which's why it's showing in its subtitled film-festival form as an import.

Although they will be showing the completed Disney "Whisper" dub, thus
verifying rumors that music-rights hurdles *were* cleared after all, and
that WotH may be out on disk in Feb-Mar. '06 with the already advertised
"Totoro" and "Howl's Moving Castle".

Derek Janssen