Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Ebay Loaded With Asian Bootleg DVDs

Ebay Loaded With Asian Bootleg DVDs

so57th

I was looking to buy some DVDs on eBay and was amazed at the low
prices. Then I looked at the auction descriptions.

They are all from asia and the description states:

"You're bidding on a Brand New & Region 1 DVD , this item have been
open for inspection and repackaging with DVD sleeves but without DVD
standard case."

Yeah, right. "Me so horny, Me luv you long time."
They open sealed DVDs for "inspection". Toss the
case. Then put it in a sleeve which I assume they print themselves.

I'm getting a wee bit tired of searching through all the asian
bootlegs to find factory originals.

I guess there is no way eBay is going to do anything about it,
because it would cut their DVD listings to less than 50% if
they banned asian bootlegs.

Invid Fan

In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
so57th <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I was looking to buy some DVDs on eBay and was amazed at the low
> prices. Then I looked at the auction descriptions.
>
> They are all from asia and the description states:
>
> "You're bidding on a Brand New & Region 1 DVD , this item have been
> open for inspection and repackaging with DVD sleeves but without DVD
> standard case."
>
> Yeah, right. "Me so horny, Me luv you long time."
> They open sealed DVDs for "inspection". Toss the
> case. Then put it in a sleeve which I assume they print themselves.

I don't see why they bother to do this, when you can buy cheap "legal
there, illegal here" HK dvd's with comercial packaging. Those are the
ones listed as being region 0 with Chinese subtitles.

> I'm getting a wee bit tired of searching through all the asian
> bootlegs to find factory originals.

Factory originals are best found at actual stores. Nowadays it's rare
you'll actually see an individual selling a used item on Ebay, it's all
comercial sellers.

> I guess there is no way eBay is going to do anything about it,
> because it would cut their DVD listings to less than 50% if
> they banned asian bootlegs.

If companies say something then they erase them (once saw a purge of
Roger Waters bootlegs from all sellers on Ebay). Illegal copies are
easier to ban then imported asian versions, though.

-'Deal/No Deal', CHESS

Draven

"so57th" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>I was looking to buy some DVDs on eBay and was amazed at the low
> prices. Then I looked at the auction descriptions.
>
> They are all from asia and the description states:
>
> "You're bidding on a Brand New & Region 1 DVD , this item have been
> open for inspection and repackaging with DVD sleeves but without DVD
> standard case."
>
> Yeah, right. "Me so horny, Me luv you long time."
> They open sealed DVDs for "inspection". Toss the
> case. Then put it in a sleeve which I assume they print themselves.
>
> I'm getting a wee bit tired of searching through all the asian
> bootlegs to find factory originals.
>
> I guess there is no way eBay is going to do anything about it,
> because it would cut their DVD listings to less than 50% if
> they banned asian bootlegs.

I don't bother anymore and just buy from commercial sites and shops.

Ebay Bootleg Problem EvilN8 DVD Video 24 05-15-2004 04:15 PM
region-2 DVDs of currently unavailable titles (home-recorded/bootleg)??? Adam Richards DVD Video 0 12-24-2003 09:08 AM
Criterion DVDs: No colored rings on disc = copy/bootleg always? FZ DVD Video 2 09-07-2003 03:06 PM

Advertisments