Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > The Haunting DTS-6.1:

The Haunting DTS-6.1:

mitech@webtv.net

I would like to find a copy of this movie with the DTS soundtrack.Does
anyone have this or know where I can find it? Thanks

Large Farva

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/078...s=dvd&v=glance

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I would like to find a copy of this movie with the DTS soundtrack.Does
> anyone have this or know where I can find it? Thanks

The Man With No Name

It's a forty-year-old movie. I don't think DTS would make much difference.

Dick Sidbury

The Man With No Name wrote:
> It's a forty-year-old movie. I don't think DTS would make much difference.

There's a newer worse version that came out sometime about 5 years ago
or so.

dick
-- and probably DTS wouldn't help it either, jmho.

jayembee

"The Man With No Name" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> It's a forty-year-old movie. I don't think DTS would make
> much difference.

There's nothing inherent about a 40-year-old movie that prevents
its soundtrack from being improved by DTS. The soundtrack for
the equally old LAWRENCE OF ARABIA is stunning in DTS, for
example.

The problem with THE HAUNTING, with respect to DTS, isn't
that it's 40 years old, but that the soundtrack is monaural.

But I suspect the O.P. was referring to the relatively recent remake.

-- jayembee

Rich

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 00:37:46 GMT, jayembee
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"The Man With No Name" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> It's a forty-year-old movie. I don't think DTS would make
>> much difference.

>There's nothing inherent about a 40-year-old movie that prevents
>its soundtrack from being improved by DTS. The soundtrack for
>the equally old LAWRENCE OF ARABIA is stunning in DTS, for
>example.
>
>The problem with THE HAUNTING, with respect to DTS, isn't
>that it's 40 years old, but that the soundtrack is monaural.
>
>But I suspect the O.P. was referring to the relatively recent remake.
>
>-- jayembee

I wish they still did 0.1 mono instead of 2.0 mono DVDs.
It adds little if anything to the enjoyment of the movie.
But it is a sales tool.
-Rich

Large Farva

"jayembee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> "The Man With No Name" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> It's a forty-year-old movie. I don't think DTS would make
>> much difference.

> There's nothing inherent about a 40-year-old movie that prevents
> its soundtrack from being improved by DTS. The soundtrack for
> the equally old LAWRENCE OF ARABIA is stunning in DTS, for
> example.
>
> The problem with THE HAUNTING, with respect to DTS, isn't
> that it's 40 years old, but that the soundtrack is monaural.
>
> But I suspect the O.P. was referring to the relatively recent remake.

Yes, I'm sure he was asking about the 1999 movie, which I linked to.

Nick

Oh dear....the old one is far better than that remake, even if the remake
has got Catherine Zeta-Jones in...

news2N7f.1389$(E-Mail Removed) nk.net...