Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Denon avr-3300 problem

Denon avr-3300 problem

gbozovic11@yahoo.com

Hi,

My folks had the Denon 3300 for about 5 years with no problems. A
couple of days ago they called and complained that they were getting
sound but no picture on the television. The Denon serves as a switch
for composite and svhs (DVD, VCR, DirecTv reciever, LD player) As a
quick fix I told them to route a composite cable quickly from the
Directv reciever to the TV directly.

When I came home yesterday, everything was working fine, through the
Denon I could see Directv and DVDs. However, today as I tried to hookup
a new DVD player, again there is the no picture problem. More
specifically
1) There is sound on all the sources, just no picture, neighter through
SVHS nor composite
2) There is slight hissing from the speakers even at low volumes. As I
recall, the Denon 3300 was ultra silent with no static.

I tried resetting the microprocessor. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you.

Kind regards

Biz

Its old, might be time for a replacement or send it in for repair. Most
modern gear is not home-repairable, especially something as complicated as
that AV receiver. If everything works correctly bypassing the reciever, an
you are sure you havent screwed up the video functionality by changing some
settings, you have no other options...

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hi,
>
> My folks had the Denon 3300 for about 5 years with no problems. A
> couple of days ago they called and complained that they were getting
> sound but no picture on the television. The Denon serves as a switch
> for composite and svhs (DVD, VCR, DirecTv reciever, LD player) As a
> quick fix I told them to route a composite cable quickly from the
> Directv reciever to the TV directly.
>
> When I came home yesterday, everything was working fine, through the
> Denon I could see Directv and DVDs. However, today as I tried to hookup
> a new DVD player, again there is the no picture problem. More
> specifically
> 1) There is sound on all the sources, just no picture, neighter through
> SVHS nor composite
> 2) There is slight hissing from the speakers even at low volumes. As I
> recall, the Denon 3300 was ultra silent with no static.
>
> I tried resetting the microprocessor. Does anyone have any ideas?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Kind regards

DVD Player Recommendation: Sony ES, Yamaha, Denon, or other? Pred02 DVD Video 19 10-14-2005 02:05 AM
DENONS DVD-5910 FEATURING REALTA HQV CHIP GETS HIGHEST SCORE EVER FOR A DVD PLAYER. Allan DVD Video 1 02-17-2005 05:53 PM
Denon 1910 vs. 2910 MarkG DVD Video 2 11-03-2004 02:19 AM
NEW DENON 1600 For sale Skc143 DVD Video 0 01-19-2004 11:22 PM
Denon AVR 5803 Setup Question Joseph Atsmon DVD Video 2 11-03-2003 07:38 AM

Advertisments