Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > CONVOY (Kris Kristofferson) coming to DVD on 10/25/05?

CONVOY (Kris Kristofferson) coming to DVD on 10/25/05?

Appleman

I noticed Convoy is being released in widescreen on 10/25/05 by
someone named "Music Video Distributors":

http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=MVD010102

Does anyone know any details about this release, such as if it's a
good quality transfer in the correct 2.35:1 aspect ratio or is it
another bad transfer like I heard about the one previously released by
some place I'd never heard of before that started with Pacific...?

It seems a virtual certainty that nobody will be rushing to review
this movie, but I always liked it, so I hope someone can post a quick
review if the DVD is anywhere near normal studio standards in video
and audio quality or if it's another poor transfer that looks like it
was done by some kid in his garage.

Dragon

and the orginal was cut by 3 mins or something like that
"Appleman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I noticed Convoy is being released in widescreen on 10/25/05 by
> someone named "Music Video Distributors":
>
> http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=MVD010102
>
> Does anyone know any details about this release, such as if it's a
> good quality transfer in the correct 2.35:1 aspect ratio or is it
> another bad transfer like I heard about the one previously released by
> some place I'd never heard of before that started with Pacific...?
>
> It seems a virtual certainty that nobody will be rushing to review
> this movie, but I always liked it, so I hope someone can post a quick
> review if the DVD is anywhere near normal studio standards in video
> and audio quality or if it's another poor transfer that looks like it
> was done by some kid in his garage.

Dragon

i am looking fo rthe japan release as its uncut if anyone knows where i can
get hold of it

"Appleman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I noticed Convoy is being released in widescreen on 10/25/05 by
> someone named "Music Video Distributors":
>
> http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=MVD010102
>
> Does anyone know any details about this release, such as if it's a
> good quality transfer in the correct 2.35:1 aspect ratio or is it
> another bad transfer like I heard about the one previously released by
> some place I'd never heard of before that started with Pacific...?
>
> It seems a virtual certainty that nobody will be rushing to review
> this movie, but I always liked it, so I hope someone can post a quick
> review if the DVD is anywhere near normal studio standards in video
> and audio quality or if it's another poor transfer that looks like it
> was done by some kid in his garage.

tootal2

Appleman wrote:
> I noticed Convoy is being released in widescreen on 10/25/05 by
> someone named "Music Video Distributors":
>
> http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=MVD010102
>
> Does anyone know any details about this release, such as if it's a
> good quality transfer in the correct 2.35:1 aspect ratio or is it
> another bad transfer like I heard about the one previously released by
> some place I'd never heard of before that started with Pacific...?
>
> It seems a virtual certainty that nobody will be rushing to review
> this movie, but I always liked it, so I hope someone can post a quick
> review if the DVD is anywhere near normal studio standards in video
> and audio quality or if it's another poor transfer that looks like it
> was done by some kid in his g

I just saw this moive on hdnet. hdtv is 2 1/2 times sharper then dvd.
I buy alot less dvds since i got hd

GMAN

In article <vhsdf.729$(E-Mail Removed)>, tootal2 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Appleman wrote:
>> I noticed Convoy is being released in widescreen on 10/25/05 by
>> someone named "Music Video Distributors":
>>
>> http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=MVD010102
>>
>> Does anyone know any details about this release, such as if it's a
>> good quality transfer in the correct 2.35:1 aspect ratio or is it
>> another bad transfer like I heard about the one previously released by
>> some place I'd never heard of before that started with Pacific...?
>>
>> It seems a virtual certainty that nobody will be rushing to review
>> this movie, but I always liked it, so I hope someone can post a quick
>> review if the DVD is anywhere near normal studio standards in video
>> and audio quality or if it's another poor transfer that looks like it
>> was done by some kid in his g

>I just saw this moive on hdnet. hdtv is 2 1/2 times sharper then dvd.
>I buy alot less dvds since i got hd

`How does a 60" fit in a double wide?