Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Into the west-?? for someone who bought it

Into the west-?? for someone who bought it

Tony soprano

I see it is a 4 disc set.

DId they put video on both sides of the discs, or only one?

TSKO

Watching it right now....only on 1 side

"Tony soprano" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I see it is a 4 disc set.
>
> DId they put video on both sides of the discs, or only one?

Tony soprano

"TSKO" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ZES4f.358$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> Watching it right now....only on 1 side

Cool, Thanks!

"Tony soprano" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I see it is a 4 disc set.
>
> DId they put video on both sides of the discs, or only one?

A few years ago, a season of a TV show was put on a double-side, 2-layer
disc. I believe it took 2 of them. The trend, however is to single-sided,
2-layer discs. I just copied a complete season of West Wing for a friend of
mine. It took 2 T-180 tapes to do the job (he doesn't have a DVD player.)
You can get 12 episodes of a 1 hour show on a single T-180 tape if you're
careful.

Norm Strong

Tony soprano

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Tony soprano" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I see it is a 4 disc set.
> >
> > DId they put video on both sides of the discs, or only one?

> A few years ago, a season of a TV show was put on a double-side, 2-layer
> disc. I believe it took 2 of them. The trend, however is to

single-sided,
> 2-layer discs. I just copied a complete season of West Wing for a friend

of
> mine. It took 2 T-180 tapes to do the job (he doesn't have a DVD player.)
> You can get 12 episodes of a 1 hour show on a single T-180 tape if you're
> careful.
>
> Norm Strong

Actually they are still doing it for some series. Both seasons of Las Vegas
are on both sides of the discs.

That's why I asked, it does still happen.