Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Region codes

Region codes

ssb

Hi,

Is there any way of playing region-2 DVDs on region-1 DVD player in a
laptop...? Is it possible to reconfigure the region for a DVD player or
is it always configured for a specific region...?

Thanks for your inputs...

Joshua Zyber

"ssb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Is there any way of playing region-2 DVDs on region-1 DVD player in a
> laptop...? Is it possible to reconfigure the region for a DVD player
> or
> is it always configured for a specific region...?

Most computer drives can have their regions changed a maximum of 5
times, and then will lock into whatever the last region chosen was.

A better option would be to purchase and install a program called DVD
Region + CSS Free from this site:

http://www.dvdidle.net/

Lithurge

"ssb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com:

> Hi,
>
> Is there any way of playing region-2 DVDs on region-1 DVD
> player in a laptop...? Is it possible to reconfigure the
> region for a DVD player or is it always configured for a
> specific region...?
>
> Thanks for your inputs...

If you use one of the software players it supports then you
may want to try Remote Selector:

http://www.remoteselector.com/

I've been using this since I got a new machine with a non
region free drive, it saves the hassle of having to flash the
bios.

Jeff Rife

Joshua Zyber ((E-Mail Removed)) wrote in alt.video.dvd:
> A better option would be to purchase and install a program called DVD
> Region + CSS Free from this site:
>
> http://www.dvdidle.net/

I prefer AnyDVD (http://www.slysoft.com/en/anydvd.html), since it provides
the functionality of DVD Idle Pro at the price of DVD Region+CSS Free.
AnyDVD is also slightly faster at updates for the various "unreadable
sectors" protection systems.

--
Jeff Rife | "These are not scraps. These are historic
| remains of a once-great society of hair."
|
| -- George Costanza

ssb

Thanks all of you for your response...!!

Jeff Rife wrote:
> Joshua Zyber ((E-Mail Removed)) wrote in alt.video.dvd:
> > A better option would be to purchase and install a program called DVD
> > Region + CSS Free from this site:
> >
> > http://www.dvdidle.net/

> I prefer AnyDVD (http://www.slysoft.com/en/anydvd.html), since it provides
> the functionality of DVD Idle Pro at the price of DVD Region+CSS Free.
> AnyDVD is also slightly faster at updates for the various "unreadable
> sectors" protection systems.
>
> --
> Jeff Rife | "These are not scraps. These are historic
> | remains of a once-great society of hair."
> |
> | -- George Costanza

dbf

I have the same question, but i have a Mac laptop! Any ideas??