Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > King Kong on DVD, finally...

King Kong on DVD, finally...

Patrick Neve

So many versions though...
Does the "King Kong Collection" definitely include the disc of special
features that the other two editions contain? It would seem so, judging
from one of Amazon's user reviews, but the actual item description is mum.

Warner would truly suck if they packaged a flipper with a one-sided,
skimping on the extras for that collection for no good reason.

Lookingglass

"Patrick Neve" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed) regon.edu...
> So many versions though...
> Does the "King Kong Collection" definitely include the disc of special
> features that the other two editions contain? It would seem so, judging
> from one of Amazon's user reviews, but the actual item description is mum.
>
> Warner would truly suck if they packaged a flipper with a one-sided,
> skimping on the extras for that collection for no good reason.

It's not the original though..................

dave............... www.Shemakhan.com

rgordon

"Patrick Neve" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed) regon.edu...
> So many versions though...
> Does the "King Kong Collection" definitely include the disc of special
> features that the other two editions contain? It would seem so, judging
> from one of Amazon's user reviews, but the actual item description is mum.
>
> Warner would truly suck if they packaged a flipper with a one-sided,
> skimping on the extras for that collection for no good reason.

I too want to know if there's anything (i.e. any of the "extras") on any of
the various other editions that are all coming out in November that isn't on
the "King Kong Collection" edition of the November release (which also
includes "Son of Kong" & "Mighty Joe Young"). If there are no trade offs and
the "King Kong Collection" includes all the extras on the other releases, it
will be an easy choice... but if some of the extras from the other releases
are dropped in the "King Kong Collection" in exchange for the other two
features, then it will be a tough choice...

Rick

"Patrick Neve" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed) regon.edu...
> So many versions though...
> Does the "King Kong Collection" definitely include the disc of special
> features that the other two editions contain? It would seem so, judging
> from one of Amazon's user reviews, but the actual item description is mum.
>
> Warner would truly suck if they packaged a flipper with a one-sided,
> skimping on the extras for that collection for no good reason.

I assume you're talking about the original 1933 movie, in which case the
following link should help you decide ...

Rick

"Patrick Neve" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed) regon.edu...
> So many versions though...
> Does the "King Kong Collection" definitely include the disc of special
> features that the other two editions contain? It would seem so, judging
> from one of Amazon's user reviews, but the actual item description is mum.
>
> Warner would truly suck if they packaged a flipper with a one-sided,
> skimping on the extras for that collection for no good reason.

Whoops, here's the link ...

http://www.dvdcompare.net/comparisons/film.php?fid=2930

btw, never press shift while you press enter, it sends the email straight
immediately .