Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Newbie ? DVD-R 0r DVD+R

Newbie ? DVD-R 0r DVD+R

Bob Allison

I have a Mac powerbook G 4 OS 10.3.8 with built in superdrive. I want to
put some home video on a DVD. Which format will work in the most players,
DVD-R or DVD+R, or does it matter? I have iDVD 5. Is that adequate or is
there something better?

I use Toast 5.2.3 for audio CD I can upgrade if v7 is better.

--
I'm not an expert, but I play one on the internet

Bob
in Carmel, CA

Impmon

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 20:46:12 GMT, Bob Allison <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I have a Mac powerbook G 4 OS 10.3.8 with built in superdrive. I want to
>put some home video on a DVD. Which format will work in the most players,
>DVD-R or DVD+R, or does it matter? I have iDVD 5. Is that adequate or is
>there something better?

Most players will work with -R, most players will work with +R, about
80% of them will take both. So you just need to take one format and
try it. If that doesn't work, stick with other format.

Some really old DVD players may not work with - or + so if that's the
case it'd be time for a new player soon.