Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Six channel or two channel sound on DVD?

Six channel or two channel sound on DVD?

cydeweys@gmail.com

So I have a DVD9 that I'm ripping to a single-layer disc. It has audio
available in AC-3/2 and AC-3/6 (two-channel and six-channel). I'm
inclined to go with the six-channel, but there is also the chance that
I'll be playing this DVD on just a regular old TV without a speaker
system. Will the 6-channel audio gracefully scale down to two
speakers, or will the AC-3/2 be better in this regard and hence should
be left in? Thanks!

kaydigi

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> So I have a DVD9 that I'm ripping to a single-layer disc. It has audio
> available in AC-3/2 and AC-3/6 (two-channel and six-channel). I'm
> inclined to go with the six-channel, but there is also the chance that
> I'll be playing this DVD on just a regular old TV without a speaker
> system. Will the 6-channel audio gracefully scale down to two
> speakers, or will the AC-3/2 be better in this regard and hence should
> be left in? Thanks!

Wouldn't it be easier to rip it twice just in case?