Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Length of the Movie?

Length of the Movie?

silkunicorn@gmail.com

Hi,

Could someone please tell me if it's possible to find out the length of
a movie on a DVD without playing the whole movie? I've just bought a
DVD and on the back cover it says "92 minutes". But on all the other
description I found on internet, they all said the movie should have
been "140 minutes". Any advice/suggestion will be much appreciated.
Thank you.

Thomas

P Pron

|| Hi,
|| Could someone please tell me if it's possible to find out the length
|| of a movie on a DVD without playing the whole movie? I've just
|| bought a DVD and on the back cover it says "92 minutes". But on all
|| the other description I found on internet, they all said the movie
|| should have been "140 minutes". Any advice/suggestion will be much
|| appreciated. Thank you.
|| Thomas

I suppose it depends on the player, but on my Panasonic I can set the
display to count down the time to the end of each title (although not the
whole disc)

paul

gardibolt@yahoo.com

My Toshibas all report the total time, as does my Malata. My Sonys
only report the time elapsed and time remaining, and you have to add
them together to get the total running time. If you have a DVD/ROM
drive, download the free utility DVDDecrypter and it will give you
total running times for each program. Very zippy.

Richard C.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hi,
>
> Could someone please tell me if it's possible to find out the length of
> a movie on a DVD without playing the whole movie? I've just bought a
> DVD and on the back cover it says "92 minutes". But on all the other
> description I found on internet, they all said the movie should have
> been "140 minutes". Any advice/suggestion will be much appreciated.
> Thank you.
>
> Thomas

=========================
Have you read your manual?
It should tell how to display such things.

silkunicorn@gmail.com

Yes, I did read my manual and I couldn't find any infor telling me how
to display such option. However, thanks to the tip from Paul. After
playing around with different displays, I was able to find out the
length of each title from the top menu and then I fast-forwarded the
disc to the final title and there it tells me the total time of all the
title. It showed 16 titles with a total of 2 hours 30 minutes.

Thank you for all of your advice.

Thomas