Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Help: Ingmar Bergman Special Edition Collection aspect ratio??

Help: Ingmar Bergman Special Edition Collection aspect ratio??

brian0918

According to this site, the original version of this edition had
incorrect aspect ratios, which cropped the films and destroyed
composition:

http://207.136.67.23/film/DVDCompare2/mgm.htm

MGM recalled, fixed the ratios, and rereleased. I bought it. My UPC
labels agree with the ones on the site that are listed as "corrected
versions", but when I play the films (Shame, Persona) in PowerDVD, the
scenes are still cropped to a 1.66:1 ratio, and look exactly like those
on the site listed as "incorrect ratios". I've searched through the
program options, but can't figure out what the problem is. Any
suggestions?

Thanks.